Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post op Day 1

Posted by Jen on 4/09/01 at 20:57 (044137)

Hello all,
Well the big day was today. I had open TTS and PF surgery on the left foot and I have NO pain as of right now...Amazing I thought I'd be in agony but I'm sure it will hit me tomorrow. I'm non weight bearing with a half cast and I'll be seeing the doc next Mon. to determine if I need the cast longer. I'm happy so far..Wish me luck. Good luck to all
Jen

Re: Post op Day 1

Pam R. on 4/09/01 at 23:09 (044142)

Good Luck to you --take it slow and easy. Do what the doctor tells you ,ice and elevate. You had a more extensive surgery than I, but I'm sure, with the Lord's help, you will heal as nicely and quickly as I did. At least this is what I'm praying for you. Everything's worth-while that takes time . Don't rush the healing process. Listen to your body. It will let you know when you are doing too much and have patience. It's a very hard trait to acquire, but well worth it. Love and prayers and ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

GinaC on 4/10/01 at 07:33 (044153)

Hi Jen! I'm so glad everything is going well for you. Take it easy, be patient, and be well. Gina

Duffer on 4/10/01 at 15:11 (044186)

I am post op by nine years and had problem similiar to yours. Everything is great and has been for the entire time. No problems. Now have same copndition in other foot. Surgery scheduled for May 9.
Best of luck. Do not do any long walking or jogging for a while.

Re: Happy to hear some good results

T on 4/10/01 at 18:02 (044198)

I am so happy to hear that there are people with Good results from surgery !!! It gives me hope that maybe my decision may be right after all Thanks for some good news! And wishing that all of you have a wonderful recovery!!!!

Re: Happy for Jen

Tammi on 4/10/01 at 18:04 (044200)

I am so happy for u Jen and I hope things keep going good for you!!! Please rest and take it easy and keep us informed as I will be reading this looking for positive information!!!!!!

Jen on 4/10/01 at 20:44 (044212)

I'm replying to my own message that 'I'm sure the pain will hit me tomorrow!' Well, NO pain still. The surgeon actually called to see how I was doing and I am very impressed. I'm elevating at all times, ice at all times with half cast and ace wrap on. He told me to keep up the ice until tomorrow and then non weight bearing til Monday. I was taking pain meds every 4 hours and now it's every 6-8!! I pray this is finally the solution. He said that he is convinced that he was right on with his diagnosis and that I did great. I'll find out on Monday if I'll need a hard cast based on the incision. I forgot to ask how many stiches I had..Thank you all so much for your positive feedback.

Jen

Jen on 4/10/01 at 20:46 (044213)

9 years!!! How encourgaing. Have you been completley pain free in that foot all this time. What was your recovery and rehab like?

Jen

Pam R. on 4/09/01 at 23:09 (044142)

Good Luck to you --take it slow and easy. Do what the doctor tells you ,ice and elevate. You had a more extensive surgery than I, but I'm sure, with the Lord's help, you will heal as nicely and quickly as I did. At least this is what I'm praying for you. Everything's worth-while that takes time . Don't rush the healing process. Listen to your body. It will let you know when you are doing too much and have patience. It's a very hard trait to acquire, but well worth it. Love and prayers and ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

GinaC on 4/10/01 at 07:33 (044153)

Hi Jen! I'm so glad everything is going well for you. Take it easy, be patient, and be well. Gina

Duffer on 4/10/01 at 15:11 (044186)

I am post op by nine years and had problem similiar to yours. Everything is great and has been for the entire time. No problems. Now have same copndition in other foot. Surgery scheduled for May 9.
Best of luck. Do not do any long walking or jogging for a while.

Re: Happy to hear some good results

T on 4/10/01 at 18:02 (044198)

I am so happy to hear that there are people with Good results from surgery !!! It gives me hope that maybe my decision may be right after all Thanks for some good news! And wishing that all of you have a wonderful recovery!!!!

Re: Happy for Jen

Tammi on 4/10/01 at 18:04 (044200)

I am so happy for u Jen and I hope things keep going good for you!!! Please rest and take it easy and keep us informed as I will be reading this looking for positive information!!!!!!

Jen on 4/10/01 at 20:44 (044212)

I'm replying to my own message that 'I'm sure the pain will hit me tomorrow!' Well, NO pain still. The surgeon actually called to see how I was doing and I am very impressed. I'm elevating at all times, ice at all times with half cast and ace wrap on. He told me to keep up the ice until tomorrow and then non weight bearing til Monday. I was taking pain meds every 4 hours and now it's every 6-8!! I pray this is finally the solution. He said that he is convinced that he was right on with his diagnosis and that I did great. I'll find out on Monday if I'll need a hard cast based on the incision. I forgot to ask how many stiches I had..Thank you all so much for your positive feedback.

Jen

Jen on 4/10/01 at 20:46 (044213)

9 years!!! How encourgaing. Have you been completley pain free in that foot all this time. What was your recovery and rehab like?

Jen