Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is it going to come back?

Posted by Abby on 4/10/01 at 08:17 (044155)

I hope saying this does not jinx what seems to be a recovery at the moment but after a year of pain from PF it suddenly vanished and so far has not come back. does this mean that whatever had torn has repaired itself and i will have no more problems with it or is this something that happens with the pain then coming back with a vengeance? I hope the answer is the former but would rather know ...

Re: Is it going to come back?

Amy A. on 4/10/01 at 09:44 (044163)

Abby, could you share what you did to cause the pain to vanish?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/01 at 10:00 (044165)

Hi,

Plantar fascia pain can just vanish and hopefully won't come back. Try to think what caused the pain and if you can avoid anything that you can think of that contributed to this problem. Must have good strength and flexibility of the ankle joint and achilles tendon. Don't stop with the stretching if this helped you.

Bird C. on 4/12/01 at 14:25 (044363)

Hi,
After about 4 months of limping around with foot pain (diagnosed as caused by heel spurs), the pain mysteriously began to subside rather quickly then disappeared completely. I did nothing different (no exercises or special shoe inserts, etc.) to cause the pain to go away.

Now, five years later, the pain is back! I recently bought an exercise bike, and after one week of using the bike, my foot pain unfortunately returned in full force. (to my great surprise) I attribute the pain to the bike, because I can't think of any other change in my life. Very unfortunate.

Amy A. on 4/10/01 at 09:44 (044163)

Abby, could you share what you did to cause the pain to vanish?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/01 at 10:00 (044165)

Hi,

Plantar fascia pain can just vanish and hopefully won't come back. Try to think what caused the pain and if you can avoid anything that you can think of that contributed to this problem. Must have good strength and flexibility of the ankle joint and achilles tendon. Don't stop with the stretching if this helped you.

Bird C. on 4/12/01 at 14:25 (044363)

Hi,
After about 4 months of limping around with foot pain (diagnosed as caused by heel spurs), the pain mysteriously began to subside rather quickly then disappeared completely. I did nothing different (no exercises or special shoe inserts, etc.) to cause the pain to go away.

Now, five years later, the pain is back! I recently bought an exercise bike, and after one week of using the bike, my foot pain unfortunately returned in full force. (to my great surprise) I attribute the pain to the bike, because I can't think of any other change in my life. Very unfortunate.