Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

should i get a second opinion?

Posted by jamie c on 4/10/01 at 13:47 (044180)

I have Plantar Fasciitis in both feet, and I have a spur on the back and bottom of each foot. I had surgery on my right foot back in January. The doctor said it would only take three to four weeks to heel, and then I would be pain free. I am not pain free and my right foot keeps swelling.
I am using a pulsed dc stimulator and it doesent really help. I have had three months of therapy prior to my surgery. Nothing seems to help, what should I do. thank you jamie

Re: should i get a second opinion?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/01 at 19:15 (044203)

Hi,

Swelling after any foot surgery can last on an average of two months. When we are talking abou the heel bone then it can be much longer. Some patients swell more then others.

2nd opinion are helpful when you need assurance, and that is what it appears you need.

Re: should i get a second opinion?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/10/01 at 19:15 (044203)

Hi,

Swelling after any foot surgery can last on an average of two months. When we are talking abou the heel bone then it can be much longer. Some patients swell more then others.

2nd opinion are helpful when you need assurance, and that is what it appears you need.