Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Maybe now I'll get somewhere

Posted by Colleen G on 4/10/01 at 20:39 (044211)

Well my foot still hurts worse than it did before the cast. And the cast came off a month ago. Now I have Mono. Since I am out of work for two weeks maybe some of my pain will go away. I would be happy if I could get back to where I was before the whole cast thing. Well I just wanted to check in now I need to go back to bed. Take care.

Colleen

Re: Maybe now I'll get somewhere

Laurie R on 4/10/01 at 21:17 (044216)

Hi Colleen,
I was thinking about you ...I am so glad you posted,but i am not glad to hear that you are sick and in pain. Sorry to hear that the cast did not help you. What is your doctor have in mind now for treatment?? Do you go to PT ???? I hope your mono goes away fast and your feet start to feel better. My very best to you.... Laurie R

Colleen G on 4/11/01 at 12:39 (044258)

Laurie,

I went for PT about a year ago and it just made things worse. Right now I'm not sure what I am going to do about my foot. Part of me is just hoping that with rest, stretching, nightsplint, that I will get back to where I was in December before the cast thing. I do know one thing, I am not going back to the DR that did the cast. HIs attitude stunk.

I would see Dr. Z since I am in JErsey but I cannot afford ESWT. I don't know back to the drawing board.

Take care.

Colleen

Clara on 4/11/01 at 12:47 (044259)

Hi Lauri R.
I´m thinking about you, and I hope you get better soon. Sorry it didn´t work out well. But it may take some time? I have gotten my 2:nd acu today, it feels very nice, infact, I´m a little better. The pain 'disappears' for a couple of days, and I´m feeling fantastic. But we MUST rest!!! Boring, boring, but I will get you some read-tips:
Albom, Mith, Tuesdays with Morrie, about life, absolute fantastic!
John Irving, A Widow for One Year
Zadie Smith, White Teeth, this tells the story of three families, one Indian, one white, and one mixed
and, you should read Harry Potter, of course, the books are the most fantastic I ever read!

My best to you and have a nice easter!

Clara

Beverly on 4/11/01 at 18:28 (044287)

Colleen,

The mono may be a blessing in disguise. The best I've felt all year was after two weeks with a severe flu. I barely moved off the recliner. I thought I'd been resting before, but discovered I didn't know the meaning of the word until that flu. So, I hope your feet get some restful benefits from the mono. I had it as a teenager and a reoccurance known as Epstein Barr in my 30's. I know how run down it makes you feel.

I never wore a cast. So, I can't offer anything there.
Take care,
Beverly

Laurie R on 4/10/01 at 21:17 (044216)

Hi Colleen,
I was thinking about you ...I am so glad you posted,but i am not glad to hear that you are sick and in pain. Sorry to hear that the cast did not help you. What is your doctor have in mind now for treatment?? Do you go to PT ???? I hope your mono goes away fast and your feet start to feel better. My very best to you.... Laurie R

Colleen G on 4/11/01 at 12:39 (044258)

Laurie,

I went for PT about a year ago and it just made things worse. Right now I'm not sure what I am going to do about my foot. Part of me is just hoping that with rest, stretching, nightsplint, that I will get back to where I was in December before the cast thing. I do know one thing, I am not going back to the DR that did the cast. HIs attitude stunk.

I would see Dr. Z since I am in JErsey but I cannot afford ESWT. I don't know back to the drawing board.

Take care.

Colleen

Clara on 4/11/01 at 12:47 (044259)

Hi Lauri R.
I´m thinking about you, and I hope you get better soon. Sorry it didn´t work out well. But it may take some time? I have gotten my 2:nd acu today, it feels very nice, infact, I´m a little better. The pain 'disappears' for a couple of days, and I´m feeling fantastic. But we MUST rest!!! Boring, boring, but I will get you some read-tips:
Albom, Mith, Tuesdays with Morrie, about life, absolute fantastic!
John Irving, A Widow for One Year
Zadie Smith, White Teeth, this tells the story of three families, one Indian, one white, and one mixed
and, you should read Harry Potter, of course, the books are the most fantastic I ever read!

My best to you and have a nice easter!

Clara

Beverly on 4/11/01 at 18:28 (044287)

Colleen,

The mono may be a blessing in disguise. The best I've felt all year was after two weeks with a severe flu. I barely moved off the recliner. I thought I'd been resting before, but discovered I didn't know the meaning of the word until that flu. So, I hope your feet get some restful benefits from the mono. I had it as a teenager and a reoccurance known as Epstein Barr in my 30's. I know how run down it makes you feel.

I never wore a cast. So, I can't offer anything there.
Take care,
Beverly