Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by Meredith on 4/11/01 at 10:46 (044252)

Since I haven't seen mention of this specific kind of heel pain I will ask about it. My left heel becomes very 'annoyed', and painful, when I lie on my back, in bed or reading on the couch, and there is the usual pressure on it just from lying there. It is relieved by lying on either side, taking the pressure off the heel. The pain is mostly on the left side of the heel. Can you comment on this at all Dr. Zuckerman? Thanks.

Re: heel pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/01 at 18:43 (044293)

Hi,

This could be from one of the skin nerve such as the medial calcaneal branch of the posterior tibial nerve. It could also be the pt nerve. The left side to me is the inside of the foot along the arch area. It could also be a tendon . Now is this pain only when in this position or other times in addition.

Meredith on 4/11/01 at 19:04 (044298)

Thanks Dr. Zuckerman. Oh no, it's not only when i lie down, it gets worse as i stand and walk! the entire heel hurts when i am on my feet, as well as the top left and left outside of my foot.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/01 at 17:44 (044382)

Hi,

So what kind of testing or evaluation have you had for this pain.?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/01 at 18:43 (044293)

Hi,

This could be from one of the skin nerve such as the medial calcaneal branch of the posterior tibial nerve. It could also be the pt nerve. The left side to me is the inside of the foot along the arch area. It could also be a tendon . Now is this pain only when in this position or other times in addition.

Meredith on 4/11/01 at 19:04 (044298)

Thanks Dr. Zuckerman. Oh no, it's not only when i lie down, it gets worse as i stand and walk! the entire heel hurts when i am on my feet, as well as the top left and left outside of my foot.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/12/01 at 17:44 (044382)

Hi,

So what kind of testing or evaluation have you had for this pain.?