Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes for PF

Posted by CatherineL on 4/11/01 at 14:27 (044269)

I have PF, heel spurs and bursitis since last May with little relief from phisio, ice, stretches, etc.

I've had quite a time finding shoes and sandles which can be worn in the office, don't look like my grandmothers and which accomadate orthotics and are in size 5 1/2 or 6.

My only choices in four stores I went to were one shoe and one sandle. I've found a Mary Jane type by FootSaver and a Naot sandle, I only hope they're good for my feet. Each about $150. I have one month of indoor use to decide if I'll keep them.

I've been wearing the Footsaver shoes (with my orthotics) since Monday 8+hrs/day and my feet feel great. Although my phisotherapist recommended better shoes months ago, I had no idea it would make such an unbelievable difference.

Also - Question-
My orthotics had a smooth leather top to them, but for summer and sandle wear, I had a suede cover put on them (less sticky). Is there any reason they are made with the smooth cover only?

CL

Re: Shoes for PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/01 at 18:46 (044294)

Hi,

There is no reason for the smooth cover . Glad to see that orthosis with the proper shoe is doing the job.

Take a look on the search engine for types of shoes . I like SAS, Drew,
You can get nice looking style with an SAS.

Cynthia D on 4/11/01 at 23:10 (044316)

I just discovered Yorke Fashion Comfort Centre in New York City 1-800-shoe-expert (746-3397). They have many lovely regular-looking shoes I plan to order. Also, the Naot ($99), have removable soles that you can replace with your orthotics, but I find that their soles mimic my orthotics pretty closely. The Yorke place seems more $ive, but worth it if you need a good 'dress' shoe.

CatherineL on 4/12/01 at 08:30 (044329)

Thanx for the responses.

Cynthia, I also found that the Naot insoles are quite comforable. I'm going to give them a try around the house on the weekend.

I'm a little afraid of online ordering of shoes and clothing, since fit is so important. But may have to resort to that next time around since there are very few specialty shoe stores here. And almost no selection in my size!

Thanx

CL

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/01 at 18:46 (044294)

Hi,

There is no reason for the smooth cover . Glad to see that orthosis with the proper shoe is doing the job.

Take a look on the search engine for types of shoes . I like SAS, Drew,
You can get nice looking style with an SAS.

Cynthia D on 4/11/01 at 23:10 (044316)

I just discovered Yorke Fashion Comfort Centre in New York City 1-800-shoe-expert (746-3397). They have many lovely regular-looking shoes I plan to order. Also, the Naot ($99), have removable soles that you can replace with your orthotics, but I find that their soles mimic my orthotics pretty closely. The Yorke place seems more $ive, but worth it if you need a good 'dress' shoe.

CatherineL on 4/12/01 at 08:30 (044329)

Thanx for the responses.

Cynthia, I also found that the Naot insoles are quite comforable. I'm going to give them a try around the house on the weekend.

I'm a little afraid of online ordering of shoes and clothing, since fit is so important. But may have to resort to that next time around since there are very few specialty shoe stores here. And almost no selection in my size!

Thanx

CL