Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post op day 3

Posted by Jen on 4/11/01 at 16:59 (044276)

Hello all,
I'm still doing good, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they experienced a twitching, burning nerve pain similar to TTS pain after surgery. I'm thinking that the anesthesia is wearing off and that the nerve must be swollen of course if he was working in there, causing the irritation. I don't have any pain just an occasional twitch or burning. I'm much more teary today and i think that's also from the anesthesia wearing off. I'm trying to stay positive and still praying that this will work for me. Any advice or comments?

Jen

Re: Post op day 3

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/01 at 18:38 (044291)

Very common to have this burning or twitching type pain. Sometimes even cramping will occur. This isn't nerve pain this is pain from cutting of the plantar fascia tissue. Will improve with time. May come and go over time.

rekha on 4/12/01 at 02:16 (044324)

Jen, glad to know you are doing well...I am following your posts and am praying for your full recovery....take care and rest...

Damon on 4/12/01 at 20:30 (044404)

Hey Jen I had the same sensations after surgery, Mine went away in like a week then it was only when I touch the scar that I can fel the nerves jump a little. Damon

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/11/01 at 18:38 (044291)

Very common to have this burning or twitching type pain. Sometimes even cramping will occur. This isn't nerve pain this is pain from cutting of the plantar fascia tissue. Will improve with time. May come and go over time.

rekha on 4/12/01 at 02:16 (044324)

Jen, glad to know you are doing well...I am following your posts and am praying for your full recovery....take care and rest...

Damon on 4/12/01 at 20:30 (044404)

Hey Jen I had the same sensations after surgery, Mine went away in like a week then it was only when I touch the scar that I can fel the nerves jump a little. Damon