Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

knots in my feet

Posted by WendyG on 4/12/01 at hrmin (044327)

Last summer, I began experiencing heel pain only. After coaching volleyball, my entire foot began hurting so i bought insoles for my feet that helped a lot. I began a new job in February where I can sit down some but do walk often on a concrete floor. My husband is so gracious to massage my feet for me which is very painful but provides great relief for a day or so. He has noticed that along the bottom of my feet when he rubs them, there are tiny knots along the tendon along the bottom of my foot. (in the arch area) Does this go along with plantar fascitis? I had a dr diagnose PF during a physical in January. I have done all the home remedies I read about on here..... taping, icing, heat, inserts, stretching....the taping and massage help a lot but the knots are very painful for my husband to touch. And standing for any period of time is very painful as well. Any suggestions? THANK YOU!

Re: knots in my feet

Dr. Biehler on 4/12/01 at 09:30 (044336)

It might be time to be evaluated for a custom pair of orthotics. Dr.B.

Pam R. on 4/12/01 at 14:35 (044364)

Wendy, I have the same knots on my tendons on both feet. My Pod, Orthopaetic surgeon and my regular MD told me they are called Fibromas They are benign tumors. I also have them in my hands. This is something you have to discuss with your Pod or family doctor. Usually, unless they grow and become very painful, a doctor will not remove them. They usually want to release the fascia, which in turns relieves the pressure on that tendon and it won't be so painful. I just had the surgery done 3 weeks ago and I'm doing fine. I can bearly feel the knots on the foot that was done and they are no longer painful. The other foot is another story. I also need to have surgery on that foot too, because of PF. I hope this info helps a little. I'm not a doctor, but I have read, and studied so many articles and all the info I could get my hands on before I had the surgery. Please ask and read. Good Luck LOL ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

WendyG on 4/12/01 at hrmin (044409)

Pam, sometimes these knots I have don't seem to always be there, only when I've had a very physical day on my feet. Perhaps they're more prevalent during those times? THANK YOU so much for your post.

Dr. Biehler on 4/12/01 at 09:30 (044336)

It might be time to be evaluated for a custom pair of orthotics. Dr.B.

Pam R. on 4/12/01 at 14:35 (044364)

Wendy, I have the same knots on my tendons on both feet. My Pod, Orthopaetic surgeon and my regular MD told me they are called Fibromas They are benign tumors. I also have them in my hands. This is something you have to discuss with your Pod or family doctor. Usually, unless they grow and become very painful, a doctor will not remove them. They usually want to release the fascia, which in turns relieves the pressure on that tendon and it won't be so painful. I just had the surgery done 3 weeks ago and I'm doing fine. I can bearly feel the knots on the foot that was done and they are no longer painful. The other foot is another story. I also need to have surgery on that foot too, because of PF. I hope this info helps a little. I'm not a doctor, but I have read, and studied so many articles and all the info I could get my hands on before I had the surgery. Please ask and read. Good Luck LOL ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

WendyG on 4/12/01 at hrmin (044409)

Pam, sometimes these knots I have don't seem to always be there, only when I've had a very physical day on my feet. Perhaps they're more prevalent during those times? THANK YOU so much for your post.