Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF or Post Tibial Tendonitis?

Posted by Elaine S. on 4/14/01 at 08:34 (044541)

After reading some of these postings I am wondering if I need an MRI to tell me if I have PF, or could it be this Posterior tibial tendonitis? My doc said that I probably have tendonitis, then another time he said you have pf. Can someone please distinguish between the 2 problems or can you have both, which it sounds like some have both.Can you tell by an exam if you have the post tibial tendonitis? HELP! Elaine

Re: PF or Post Tibial Tendonitis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/14/01 at 08:44 (044543)

Hi,

You can tell by examination if you have both Posterior tibial tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. You can have both conditions at the same time.

An Mri is helpful to determine the degree of the injury or problem. Range of motion, heads on examination , and gait analysis are the big indicators as to what is exactly going on with your painful foot.

The posterior tibial tendon from anatomy point of view isn't even in the same area as the pf. So just an examination of the post tib tendon will add alot of information to your examination and diagnosis.

Re: PF or Post Tibial Tendonitis?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/14/01 at 08:44 (044543)

Hi,

You can tell by examination if you have both Posterior tibial tendonitis and plantar fasciitis. You can have both conditions at the same time.

An Mri is helpful to determine the degree of the injury or problem. Range of motion, heads on examination , and gait analysis are the big indicators as to what is exactly going on with your painful foot.

The posterior tibial tendon from anatomy point of view isn't even in the same area as the pf. So just an examination of the post tib tendon will add alot of information to your examination and diagnosis.