Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Let's have an un-bit__ fest today... to cheer us all up!

Posted by Cynthia D on 4/14/01 at 08:54 (044548)

I'm going to a Red Sox game today! I'm a little afraid of the really far walking, but my feet are in great shape today, so wish me the best!! Monday will be 10 weeks post-zap, so there is great hope for those of you recovering. For everyone who has more serious stuff than 'only pf and spurs', my thoughts are with you to get better soon too! Let's hear some good news now.....

Re: Let's have an un-bit__ fest today... to cheer us all up!

JudyS on 4/14/01 at 12:11 (044585)

Go Sox! And Go Cynthia! What a wonderful and glorious feeling you've shared here today and I thank you for it. Easter is indeed a time for 'revival' and I'm so glad you've reminded us of that. The sun is (finally) shining here in Southern California, the daffodils are in full bloom and the earth is rich with fragrance......I hope the same is true around our PF country today and I wish everyone a terrific Easter weekend!

Nancy N on 4/14/01 at 12:48 (044593)

It's beautiful in the Delaware Valley (NJ/PA) today, too--sunny, warm, breezy...just glorious. I've been doing some spring cleaning today and it is the perfect day for it--because once you're done, everything feels so bright and fresh! I may even plant some seeds if I'm feeling really ambitious. I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

john h on 4/14/01 at 20:28 (044629)

it has been in the middle 80's in little rock and dogwoods and azalleas are all in full bloom. if only i could run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose L on 4/14/01 at 21:58 (044635)

Cynthia - Thanks again for cheering us all up with your good news. You just answered my question that I posted to you on the ESWT board - how BADDDDDDDD were your feet - if you had to use a wheelchair (like I do at airports, etc. ) that answers my question. Hooray for you! It will be interesting to know if the baseball game creates a set-back for you. Hang in! Rose

Cynthia D on 4/16/01 at 11:23 (044709)

Hi Rose, yes, I did have a very minor setback - walking at the game was actually fine, but very far so I was so glad about that! I had on my sneakers and orthotics, of course. Yesterday at church, I wore flat dressy shoes with my 1/2 orthos., felt okay, but then we went to an Easter Egg hunt and I stood in these silly shoes way too long, was hurting and took a very long nap. After that rest, and taking it easy last pm, I'm pretty good today, but not as good as Saturday morning! The marathon is today and I decided not to go watch with my family so I can keep staying off..... hope for long-lasting relief soon... the lesson is not to overdo it when you feel better!

Yes, everything you are feeling is exactly what I was feeling back then, so keep your hopes up!!

I loved everyone else's happy news, too! My husband and son planted tulips all over yesterday, beautiful!! We ate lunch outside, too. What a treat.

JudyS on 4/14/01 at 12:11 (044585)

Go Sox! And Go Cynthia! What a wonderful and glorious feeling you've shared here today and I thank you for it. Easter is indeed a time for 'revival' and I'm so glad you've reminded us of that. The sun is (finally) shining here in Southern California, the daffodils are in full bloom and the earth is rich with fragrance......I hope the same is true around our PF country today and I wish everyone a terrific Easter weekend!

Nancy N on 4/14/01 at 12:48 (044593)

It's beautiful in the Delaware Valley (NJ/PA) today, too--sunny, warm, breezy...just glorious. I've been doing some spring cleaning today and it is the perfect day for it--because once you're done, everything feels so bright and fresh! I may even plant some seeds if I'm feeling really ambitious. I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

john h on 4/14/01 at 20:28 (044629)

it has been in the middle 80's in little rock and dogwoods and azalleas are all in full bloom. if only i could run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose L on 4/14/01 at 21:58 (044635)

Cynthia - Thanks again for cheering us all up with your good news. You just answered my question that I posted to you on the ESWT board - how BADDDDDDDD were your feet - if you had to use a wheelchair (like I do at airports, etc. ) that answers my question. Hooray for you! It will be interesting to know if the baseball game creates a set-back for you. Hang in! Rose

Cynthia D on 4/16/01 at 11:23 (044709)

Hi Rose, yes, I did have a very minor setback - walking at the game was actually fine, but very far so I was so glad about that! I had on my sneakers and orthotics, of course. Yesterday at church, I wore flat dressy shoes with my 1/2 orthos., felt okay, but then we went to an Easter Egg hunt and I stood in these silly shoes way too long, was hurting and took a very long nap. After that rest, and taking it easy last pm, I'm pretty good today, but not as good as Saturday morning! The marathon is today and I decided not to go watch with my family so I can keep staying off..... hope for long-lasting relief soon... the lesson is not to overdo it when you feel better!

Yes, everything you are feeling is exactly what I was feeling back then, so keep your hopes up!!

I loved everyone else's happy news, too! My husband and son planted tulips all over yesterday, beautiful!! We ate lunch outside, too. What a treat.