Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had my surgery 4/11

Posted by Susan U on 4/14/01 at 13:37 (044600)

Well, it's over. I had the foot and knee done. I went to 'sleep' at 11:40am and was walking in my door at home at 3:45pm. Everything went great! Whatever he gave me in the surgery sites was wonderful for pain control. I was able to step on the foot and get up the stairs into my house with no trouble. I didn't have any pain until about 8:00pm that night, but during the night, all hell broke lose! The dr. prescribed Tylox, but it didn't help at all. My husband phoned the dr.'s office the next morning, and he added something that I can take only 1 pill every twelve hours. That helped alot. I was able to get some much needed sleep and I could move around much better. I have been aloud to put as much weight on it as I want to, so I have been walking with the walker and putting weight on the foot and knee. I am exercising the knee by doing knee bends and I keep the ice on almost non-stop. I took the bandages off and have put on clean ones. I don't have a cast or brace of any sort. So, far, so good! I will try to post every couple of days. I go back to see my dr. in 2 weeks to have the stitches removed and to discuss my knee, because he said I'm full of arthritis. Oh, well.

Re: Had my surgery 4/11

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/14/01 at 14:13 (044607)

Gald to hear the surgery is over. You are going to be find.

Re: Had my surgery 4/11

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/14/01 at 14:13 (044607)

Gald to hear the surgery is over. You are going to be find.