Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

does a ruptured plantar fascia heal

Posted by laura l on 4/14/01 at 22:27 (044636)

I am curious, I tore my plantar fascia 6 mths ago and now am in a cast. Will the pf heal back together? Everyone keeps asking me, and I forgot to ask my ortho. Thanks.

Re: does a ruptured plantar fascia heal

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/15/01 at 08:12 (044655)

Hi,

This is a very patient specific question. Yes the pain can greatly improve and go away. This can be a long process. Rest, proper rehab are very important. There is an article on this site about about pf rupture 2nd to steriod rupture. This is different due to the damage from the steriod drug
causing impaired healing at the same time as rupture, but it is the only article that I am aware of . I would also go to the APMA web site and search for journal articles.

How do you rupture the pf.?

Re: does a ruptured plantar fascia heal

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/15/01 at 08:12 (044655)

Hi,

This is a very patient specific question. Yes the pain can greatly improve and go away. This can be a long process. Rest, proper rehab are very important. There is an article on this site about about pf rupture 2nd to steriod rupture. This is different due to the damage from the steriod drug
causing impaired healing at the same time as rupture, but it is the only article that I am aware of . I would also go to the APMA web site and search for journal articles.

How do you rupture the pf.?