Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stuck in the house this Easter. Relapse looking bad...

Posted by Beverly on 4/14/01 at 23:23 (044641)

I hate to be so whiney lately. This relaspe is looking worse than I thought.
My feet are worse and ankles really bad. What really gets me down is the achilles tendon pain that is not letting up... A new problem. I posted about it earlier in the week. I'm back to doing just the bare minimum... stuck in the house... icing 3x a day.

I had planned to get dressed up and go to church for Easter... see friends, ect. But instead, once again I'm couped up at home for an indefinite period of time. It's two more weeks before I see my new doctor.

I described my achilles thing on the doc board to Dr. Z. and Dr. Reid. Dr. Reid said it might be acutely inflammed. That does not sound good. She told me to get off it totally. So, as much as a person who lives alone can do that, that is what I've been doing.

I think I am more depressed about now being able to do my stretches than anything else. (Hurts the achilles too much.) It did prove one thing to me. All these months, I've faithfully stretched (nonweightbearing) and wondered if it really played a big impact on my improvement. Well, now I know. It's been less than a week of not being able to stretch and already that nasty old heel pain and arch pain that was so improved is now back with full force. But I don't dare stretch because when I tried it, I could feel it pulling my achilles and really hurting it.

Well, when this eventually gets better, I hope I remember to be grateful for small blessings. In retrospect, I really was doing better... So now, not only is it worse in all the old places (PF and PTT) but I have a new problem!

Thanks for listening,
Beverly

Re: Stuck in the house this Easter. Relapse looking bad...

Kay S on 4/15/01 at 19:19 (044684)

Gosh, how I hated to read your post, Beverly. I was feeling a little jealous of how well you were doing, but still very happy for you......and now this. And I am sure you have that 'back to square one' feeling, huh?
I think BarbTX mentioned that a month or so ago, and I was agreeing with her on that, so we have a good idea how you must feel, unfortunately.
I was thinking about your problem, and remember someone saying once that even when they relapsed, it was a shorter period of time that they were feeling bad, so maybe this will be true for you also. I hope so, because this whole deal is the pits, and I can't stand that you are going backwards when you were just starting to make some headway.
Give up these two weeks (again) and hopefully things will start to turn around after that.
I am really sorry that you are in this mess.
Kay

rekha on 4/15/01 at 19:23 (044685)

I am so sorry you are stuck at home...I am also stuck taking it easy off my feet till my MRI results come in and they can figure out treatment.So I totally understand your frustration..it is so hard to rest the foot...it is so hard...how do we eat? do chores? grocery?...

I totally understand how you feel...do you feel your achilles tendonitis was caused by you walking differnelty? (compensating).....that could very well be the case...I have heard of that happening to few people on this board.....I had a case of achilles tendonitis few years back but it resolved quickly...can you hear it snap? when you flex the foot?

I have been trying for years to beat this stupid ailment PF...but it temporarily goes away...only to surface again.... Hang in there..you are not alone....

happy easter...

Re: Sorry to hear that...

Cynthia D on 4/17/01 at 05:25 (044788)

Sorry to hear about this, Beverly. Can't you get to your doctor sooner than 2 weeks? That could mean you could be better 2 weeks sooner? Can't you call and say you need to be seen today? Just a thought...

Kay S on 4/15/01 at 19:19 (044684)

Gosh, how I hated to read your post, Beverly. I was feeling a little jealous of how well you were doing, but still very happy for you......and now this. And I am sure you have that 'back to square one' feeling, huh?
I think BarbTX mentioned that a month or so ago, and I was agreeing with her on that, so we have a good idea how you must feel, unfortunately.
I was thinking about your problem, and remember someone saying once that even when they relapsed, it was a shorter period of time that they were feeling bad, so maybe this will be true for you also. I hope so, because this whole deal is the pits, and I can't stand that you are going backwards when you were just starting to make some headway.
Give up these two weeks (again) and hopefully things will start to turn around after that.
I am really sorry that you are in this mess.
Kay

rekha on 4/15/01 at 19:23 (044685)

I am so sorry you are stuck at home...I am also stuck taking it easy off my feet till my MRI results come in and they can figure out treatment.So I totally understand your frustration..it is so hard to rest the foot...it is so hard...how do we eat? do chores? grocery?...

I totally understand how you feel...do you feel your achilles tendonitis was caused by you walking differnelty? (compensating).....that could very well be the case...I have heard of that happening to few people on this board.....I had a case of achilles tendonitis few years back but it resolved quickly...can you hear it snap? when you flex the foot?

I have been trying for years to beat this stupid ailment PF...but it temporarily goes away...only to surface again.... Hang in there..you are not alone....

happy easter...

Re: Sorry to hear that...

Cynthia D on 4/17/01 at 05:25 (044788)

Sorry to hear about this, Beverly. Can't you get to your doctor sooner than 2 weeks? That could mean you could be better 2 weeks sooner? Can't you call and say you need to be seen today? Just a thought...