Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

changing weather

Posted by Kay S on 4/15/01 at hrmin (044686)

Does anyone think that the weather has an effect on how bad their feet feel? It seems to me that a lot of us are having more pain than usual the past few weeks, and since we are just going into spring.......maybe that is the culprit.
I am almost 9 weeks post (#2) ESWT, and praying for some sign that I will be better before the 12 weeks are up. This past week has been awful, and I am so frustrated, and looking for other reasons for the increase in pain.
When I read a message about pf being temporary, I wondered if 5 years of this can still be considered 'temporary'? I sure hope so.
Kay

Re: changing weather

Jason M on 4/15/01 at hrmin (044689)

Kay, I absolutely think the weather affects the pain. I've noticed that on cold, wet days my feet always hurt worse. Don't know why though. Hope you feel better soon.
Jason

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/15/01 at 21:57 (044690)

I always attribute the weather pain from changes in the Barometic pressure changes that occur with weather changes.

Steve P on 4/16/01 at 09:42 (044703)

Kay -- Yes indeed. I never have to hear the weather report. I know 24 to 48 hours before the rain (or snow) starts that it's on the way!

Good luck on ESWT improvement in the coming weeks. I'm now at post week 3, no change so far.

Best.............Steve

johnh on 4/16/01 at 10:54 (044704)

i do not know for sure but i sense weather (low pressure) does tend to make my feet worse. i know for sure it can effect my back.

Beverly on 4/16/01 at 10:59 (044705)

For me, I think it has more to do with what this warm spring weather makes me want to do. If you recall, I was feeling better before my recent setback.
The warm weather made me want to get out more, do more, and the end result was be on my feet more. I hibernate better in the winter.
Beverly

AnnabelM on 4/17/01 at hrmin (044899)

Kay, I definitly think the weather changes affect my feet. I too can tell about a day and half before the bad weather hits.
I am 11 weeks post second ESWT I had my best days about 8 weeks both times and then at 10 weeks a set back There seems to be no rhyme or reason..

Jason M on 4/15/01 at hrmin (044689)

Kay, I absolutely think the weather affects the pain. I've noticed that on cold, wet days my feet always hurt worse. Don't know why though. Hope you feel better soon.
Jason

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/15/01 at 21:57 (044690)

I always attribute the weather pain from changes in the Barometic pressure changes that occur with weather changes.

Steve P on 4/16/01 at 09:42 (044703)

Kay -- Yes indeed. I never have to hear the weather report. I know 24 to 48 hours before the rain (or snow) starts that it's on the way!

Good luck on ESWT improvement in the coming weeks. I'm now at post week 3, no change so far.

Best.............Steve

johnh on 4/16/01 at 10:54 (044704)

i do not know for sure but i sense weather (low pressure) does tend to make my feet worse. i know for sure it can effect my back.

Beverly on 4/16/01 at 10:59 (044705)

For me, I think it has more to do with what this warm spring weather makes me want to do. If you recall, I was feeling better before my recent setback.
The warm weather made me want to get out more, do more, and the end result was be on my feet more. I hibernate better in the winter.
Beverly

AnnabelM on 4/17/01 at hrmin (044899)

Kay, I definitly think the weather changes affect my feet. I too can tell about a day and half before the bad weather hits.
I am 11 weeks post second ESWT I had my best days about 8 weeks both times and then at 10 weeks a set back There seems to be no rhyme or reason..