Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Numbness on the back and sides of myheels

Posted by Lynne C on 4/16/01 at hrmin (044718)

After reading through all the information on the web, including the very helpful posts here, I am pretty sure I have had plantar fasciitis for a while, which has suddenly got very worse.

However, in addition to the classical PF symptoms (hobbling first thing i the morning, pain on walking on hard surfaces, ok for a little while with rest then back again etc.) the sides and back of the vertical surface of my heels is very numb, yet still painful. I can see the individual honeycombs of the fat pad, and the area is somewhat red. I am aware of the pain most of the time, sitting or standing. It is exacerbated by walking about, and I get some relief by hard scratching which seems to stop the numbness somewhat.

Is this part of the PF problem or something else?

Thanks for any suggestions;

Re: Numbness on the back and sides of myheels

Dr. Biehler on 4/18/01 at 20:08 (045028)

It is possible that you might have a herniated fat pad. You should have this checked. Dr.B.

Re: Numbness on the back and sides of myheels

Dr. Biehler on 4/18/01 at 20:08 (045028)

It is possible that you might have a herniated fat pad. You should have this checked. Dr.B.