Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

still trying

Posted by paula gr on 4/16/01 at 17:40 (044758)

i've been trying full time to get info on who is or are the best at posterior tibial tendon collapse surgery with fusion and bone graft. i called the top rated orthoepedic hospitals and asked how many of this operation the foot and ankle surgeon at that hospital has done and the success rate. so far all the folks i talked to (secrataries) seemed absolutely sure there was no way to ever find that out. and they were very annoyed i asked. huh? what gives? seems a valid question. am i to just let anyone operate on me, and maybe he's done 3 of these and the patients now crawl around for life? this is crazy. help me docs. who am i looking for or how do i research it? ( p.s.:anyone ever hear of dr mark myerson of union hospital in baltimore, his journal articles are all over the internet on this procedure)

Re: still trying

Dr. Biehler on 4/18/01 at 12:08 (044969)

I have always heard that Dr. Bill Hamilton is one of the top surgens for this type of operation. I think he works out of the Hospital For Bone and Joint Disease in New York City. Dr.B.

Re: still trying

Dr. Biehler on 4/18/01 at 12:08 (044969)

I have always heard that Dr. Bill Hamilton is one of the top surgens for this type of operation. I think he works out of the Hospital For Bone and Joint Disease in New York City. Dr.B.