Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Envelope Stuffing

Posted by Colleen G on 4/16/01 at 19:40 (044773)

I was offered a job babysitting one of my handicapped students three evenings a week for $14 hour. I jumped on the opportunity and quit my job coordinating an after school program. I thought that this was a great idea, but this mother royally screwed me. So, I need the second job so that I can go back to school. Has anyone ever heard of envelope stuffing? Is this stuff really legit? Or any other ideas as to what I can do, other than retail?

Help I'm desperate.

Thanks.
COlleen

Re: Envelope Stuffing

Nancy N on 4/16/01 at 20:12 (044775)

Colleen--

Is there any chance that you can get your old job back? You never know--it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. What else do you think you might be qualified to do? Could you freelance at something (writing, art...??)?

Cynthia D on 4/17/01 at 05:04 (044786)

And what city do you live in?

Pauline on 4/17/01 at 08:54 (044801)

Colleen,
There have been many fraudulent envelope stuffing jobs on the market. You
might want to check with your Better Business Bureau or one in the State
where the company your planning to work for is located.

Good Luck

Re: Old job

Colleen G on 4/17/01 at 17:17 (044867)

Unfortunately, my position with my old job has been filled. Believe it or not but before I started in the program, two years went by before they had someone to coordinate the program. Just my luck.

Colleen

Beverly on 4/17/01 at 17:53 (044872)

Colleen,

What state are you in? In Texas, we have something called Texas Rehab.
It is a government program that pays for disabled people to go to school to be retrained in a new career. Surely, other states have similar programs. Your local junior college could probably give you info. if such a program exists in your state.
Beverly

Nancy N on 4/16/01 at 20:12 (044775)

Colleen--

Is there any chance that you can get your old job back? You never know--it certainly doesn't hurt to ask. What else do you think you might be qualified to do? Could you freelance at something (writing, art...??)?

Cynthia D on 4/17/01 at 05:04 (044786)

And what city do you live in?

Pauline on 4/17/01 at 08:54 (044801)

Colleen,
There have been many fraudulent envelope stuffing jobs on the market. You
might want to check with your Better Business Bureau or one in the State
where the company your planning to work for is located.

Good Luck

Re: Old job

Colleen G on 4/17/01 at 17:17 (044867)

Unfortunately, my position with my old job has been filled. Believe it or not but before I started in the program, two years went by before they had someone to coordinate the program. Just my luck.

Colleen

Beverly on 4/17/01 at 17:53 (044872)

Colleen,

What state are you in? In Texas, we have something called Texas Rehab.
It is a government program that pays for disabled people to go to school to be retrained in a new career. Surely, other states have similar programs. Your local junior college could probably give you info. if such a program exists in your state.
Beverly