Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Why with have problems with determine machine vs machine

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 4/17/01 at 09:38 (044806)

The subject of which machine vs which machine is, has and will be a hot topic . There is going to be alot more ESWT machine on the market within the next two years (hopefully)

The condition of pf and or any tendonitis is so patient specific. You are going to find that the sucess of any treatment will be determined by the doctor, the patient, the mental attitudes of both the doctor and the patient.

It is my opinion and has always been the treatment of pf and or heel pain must be a total program not just do ESWT and off to the land of healing.

So when evaluating machines stop right there pick the doctor that is right for you and whatever machine he is using should be the second reason not the first.

Did you know that Dr. Z has been watching, reading, about ESWT for over four years.

When the orbasone came into the market I already knew about ESWT and its proven effectiveness in Canada and Europe. I already knew and talked to patients that had had treatment.

Yes I didn't wait to read this in a journal in the USA. I didn't wait for the FDA to tell us that the ossatron is ok, when it was already being used in Canada. Did you know that there have been million dollars professional players that have been to Canada and had ESWT done on machine that weren't FDA approved.

Did you know that there have been animal studies done with the orbasone machne that have proven that it can't injury bone. ( poor dogs.)

Did you know that the orbasone has a proven track record in Europe already.

Did you know that there are physical therapy machines in the USA that don't have FDA approval but did have FDA clearance for use. In plain english there are physical therapy machines that are used for pain and not a specific condition . Yes the doctor uses the machine for a specific condition but they never have applied for a pma for a treatment for a specific part of the human body.

Re: Why we will have problems with determining machine vs machine

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/17/01 at 09:39 (044808)

Sorry the subject typing is wrong . I was cut off and couldn't view the typing mistakes.

Re: Why with have problems with determine machine vs machine

Pauline on 4/17/01 at 15:12 (044851)

Which specific machines are you talking about and how is the doctor or physical therapist extending their use. What is their class I II, or III.

I can't immagine how Richard our Pedorthest would feel if his Kidney Stones had been treated by a physical therapist or doctor who extended the use of their ultrasound machine. Don't you think this extension stuff could cause serious conquences for patients in some cases?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/17/01 at 15:43 (044854)

You lost me on this one. I am not even talking about extended use. What information do you want or need for me to change you war on Dr. Z

john h on 4/19/01 at 18:56 (045127)

my kidney stone was crushed using the lipotriptor (spelling) made by Healthtronics. it uses the same principle as the orbasone/ossatron. you better believe you get put to sleep for this deal. i think the procedure was about 50 minutes and i do not know what kv or how many pulses were used. after all is said and done this is about a $8000-$10,000 procedure.

Re: Why we will have problems with determining machine vs machine

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/17/01 at 09:39 (044808)

Sorry the subject typing is wrong . I was cut off and couldn't view the typing mistakes.

Pauline on 4/17/01 at 15:12 (044851)

Which specific machines are you talking about and how is the doctor or physical therapist extending their use. What is their class I II, or III.

I can't immagine how Richard our Pedorthest would feel if his Kidney Stones had been treated by a physical therapist or doctor who extended the use of their ultrasound machine. Don't you think this extension stuff could cause serious conquences for patients in some cases?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/17/01 at 15:43 (044854)

You lost me on this one. I am not even talking about extended use. What information do you want or need for me to change you war on Dr. Z

john h on 4/19/01 at 18:56 (045127)

my kidney stone was crushed using the lipotriptor (spelling) made by Healthtronics. it uses the same principle as the orbasone/ossatron. you better believe you get put to sleep for this deal. i think the procedure was about 50 minutes and i do not know what kv or how many pulses were used. after all is said and done this is about a $8000-$10,000 procedure.