Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Almost 6 months post-op

Posted by chris on 4/17/01 at 14:00 (044846)

With all the recent updates, I thought I'd give some good news.

I had my surgery Nov 8th. On friday and saturday afternoon, I went to an amusement park with my children and had no pain during my walking or when I returned home in the evening. Prior to surgery, I would limp through the park and barely be able to walk at night. I know this does not compare to those of you who run marathons etc. but I can say that I am back to all my normal activities prior to tts diagnosis and surgery.

As others have said, it does take time for your foot to heal and I wish all the best and speedy recoveries to all!

Re: Almost 6 months post-op

Jen on 4/17/01 at 16:27 (044862)

What great news for you and encouraging words for me, being one week post op!! Thanks
Jen

Scott2 on 4/18/01 at 19:09 (045017)

Chris,

That is great news! I am at 60 days and not yet pain free so believe me I would take being pain free at 6 months even I was still unable to run. Just not having part of my daily consciousness would be a major victory.

Thanks for sharing. Even though you have moved on from where many of us are, it is important that you drop in and tell us how you are doing to provide everyone with where we want to be.

chris on 4/19/01 at 07:51 (045066)

I plan on staying around. I like to keep current on the treatment trends. One thing that my pod told me was that since there was scar tissue removed, and surgery tends to create scar tissue, that there will be a possibilty of the pain returning and needing surgery again. I know that sounds kinda depressing, I hope it doesn't happen.

I really wish I had found this site prior to surgery. Funny, a co-worker's pod suggested the possibility that she might have tts and is undergoing tests in about 2-3 weeks. I've told her about this site, so I hope she pops in and gets information.

You mentioned it would be nice to not have the pain part of your daily consciousness...only within the last month or so has that left. I love getting up and not having pain and i don't rememer it until times like now when people on the board make mention of the pain. It is nice and I hope you and everyone on the board can share those same feelings!

Jen on 4/17/01 at 16:27 (044862)

What great news for you and encouraging words for me, being one week post op!! Thanks
Jen

Scott2 on 4/18/01 at 19:09 (045017)

Chris,

That is great news! I am at 60 days and not yet pain free so believe me I would take being pain free at 6 months even I was still unable to run. Just not having part of my daily consciousness would be a major victory.

Thanks for sharing. Even though you have moved on from where many of us are, it is important that you drop in and tell us how you are doing to provide everyone with where we want to be.

chris on 4/19/01 at 07:51 (045066)

I plan on staying around. I like to keep current on the treatment trends. One thing that my pod told me was that since there was scar tissue removed, and surgery tends to create scar tissue, that there will be a possibilty of the pain returning and needing surgery again. I know that sounds kinda depressing, I hope it doesn't happen.

I really wish I had found this site prior to surgery. Funny, a co-worker's pod suggested the possibility that she might have tts and is undergoing tests in about 2-3 weeks. I've told her about this site, so I hope she pops in and gets information.

You mentioned it would be nice to not have the pain part of your daily consciousness...only within the last month or so has that left. I love getting up and not having pain and i don't rememer it until times like now when people on the board make mention of the pain. It is nice and I hope you and everyone on the board can share those same feelings!