Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My visit with Dr. Z

Posted by Barb-NY on 4/17/01 at 17:54 (044873)

I saw Dr. Z yesterday and want to thank him publically for his caring and professionalism. I never had such a thorough and comprehensive exam on my feet (let alone any other body part that I've ever had a problem with).

It turns out that I didn't need ESWT. The pain is in the wrong place. He did tape my foot and told me if it helped then an orthosis would be helpful. The tape did help and Dr. Z is sending me a script. Hopefully this will also help and give me long term relief.

I also have to get a scan to rule out osteoporosis. I may also have to go to a Rheumatologist to see if there is anything systemic because I have too many problems. I was tested for everything already, but it may be time to delve a little deeper.

My calves and ham strings are also problematic.

So, all in all, a very good visit.

And, I found out what is in his bathtub but have been sworn to secrecy!

Re: My visit with Dr. Z

Nancy n on 4/17/01 at 19:37 (044894)

Barb--

I'm so glad to hear that you're finally getting some relief with the tape! And from the sound of things, it's just as well you didn't go through the OrthoWave study for your feet. It sounds like you're finally getting some answers.

I'm dying to know what's in this bathtub, though!

Barb-NY on 4/17/01 at 21:26 (044907)

I can't wait until I fix my computer. This borrowing other people's computers is a real hastle.

I don't know which is ruining my life more...Windows or PF. At least I know the cure for Windows...it's called Linux. PF will require a little more trial and error.

I also cannot wait until it's your turn to see Dr. Z. He is a gem of a doctor. And his staff is great. Knowing that there is a potential to finally get helped gives the mind great peace.

Re: Check for metals

BrianG on 4/18/01 at 10:09 (044952)

Hi Barb,

My Neurologist had me do a 24 hour urine test, for metals. It was part of the process to rule 'everything else' out. You may want to ask your doctor about it. He was worried about lead, I was worried about Agent Orange. Thankfully it came back negative. Good luck

Regards
BCG

Barb-NY on 4/18/01 at 14:24 (044995)

Brian...thanks for the suggestion. I will ask my doctor about metals. It can't hurt.

Dr. Z is worried about possible arthritis/osteoporosis in me. I know I have slight arthritis in a couple of finger joints.

Nancy n on 4/17/01 at 19:37 (044894)

Barb--

I'm so glad to hear that you're finally getting some relief with the tape! And from the sound of things, it's just as well you didn't go through the OrthoWave study for your feet. It sounds like you're finally getting some answers.

I'm dying to know what's in this bathtub, though!

Barb-NY on 4/17/01 at 21:26 (044907)

I can't wait until I fix my computer. This borrowing other people's computers is a real hastle.

I don't know which is ruining my life more...Windows or PF. At least I know the cure for Windows...it's called Linux. PF will require a little more trial and error.

I also cannot wait until it's your turn to see Dr. Z. He is a gem of a doctor. And his staff is great. Knowing that there is a potential to finally get helped gives the mind great peace.

BrianG on 4/18/01 at 10:09 (044952)

Hi Barb,

My Neurologist had me do a 24 hour urine test, for metals. It was part of the process to rule 'everything else' out. You may want to ask your doctor about it. He was worried about lead, I was worried about Agent Orange. Thankfully it came back negative. Good luck

Regards
BCG

Barb-NY on 4/18/01 at 14:24 (044995)

Brian...thanks for the suggestion. I will ask my doctor about metals. It can't hurt.

Dr. Z is worried about possible arthritis/osteoporosis in me. I know I have slight arthritis in a couple of finger joints.