Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I made it!

Posted by Tammie on 4/17/01 at hrmin (044889)

Just a update I had the surgery this morning at 830 It was very scary , I had a alergic reaction to the antibiotic they put in the IV that was the start. So I was frightened. I have a big clunky air type cast boot thing on and some lovely metal crutches that I am going to kill myself on, as I am as clutzy as they come!!!!!Been Icing it which just drives me nuts as it makes it throb more but i am listening. I am allowed to take boot off while propping there was blood soaked thru the bandages and sock they put on , Hubby said doc said to add more gauze,We think maybe he went from bottomas that is where all blood is and bandaging,I thought he was going thru side? Said he is a bit concerned with the nerve but we will take care of this first and hope it is relieved from the pf release and spur removal. It was a very nice sugical center all very wonderful. The pain is a bit more then I anticipated and I am already bored laying a nd icing and propping. Hubby let me come to putor for a bit and helped me prop as he says I am a awful patient and to take it easy or it will never heal what a pun lol. I am finding it very hard to get to bathroom and dont u know u have to go twice as much when u dont want to. Just wanted to thank all who cared and let u know I am living!!!!! Will try to keep writing. I have to go back to couch now as the boss man says i have been up enough so talk later! Hugs to all and hope all are feeling some pain relief as I have been praying for u all!

Re: You made it!!

Valerie S on 4/17/01 at hrmin (044892)

Hi Tammie.

SO glad to hear from you! Glad you are still alive and ... kicking..?? hee hee ...

Will look forward to hearing about your great strides toward being pain free. I know it' hard to keep you down, but please take it easy and do as your doctor says... I will be praying for you, wishing a speedy recovery for you... I will keep emailing you.

When you are up to it, give us an update. I am so glad you made it!! I knew you could!

Your friend, Val.

Re: I made it!

JudyS on 4/17/01 at 20:50 (044901)

Tammie - great to hear from you so soon! Now do as the big guy says and get back to the sofa! Oh, and,....order chocolate!

Laurie R on 4/17/01 at 23:47 (044914)

Hi Tammy,
Glad to know that it is all over for you. I hope you don't have to much pain.... Also I hope you have a speedy recovery...We are here for you ... I will e-mail to see how you are doing...Laurie R

Susan U on 4/18/01 at 12:39 (044975)

Good job, Tammie. I had my surgery 1 week ago today. I had no cast, just bandaging. I had no pain until around 8:00 the night of the surgery and all through the night. My husband called the dr. the next morning and he gave me stronger pain med. which help tremendously. I have been walking with a walker instead of crutches because I feel much more secure with them. You might want to give it a try. I borrowed mine from the local ambulance corp. I too have been elevating and icing and paid meding. Today I started to walk with a quadcane instead of the walker, and so far, so good. I go to see my dr. next Wed. (2 wks. post-op).

Rest, take advantage of your husband's fussing, and do what your dr. says. Keep us posted when you can.

JudyS on 4/18/01 at 12:45 (044978)

Congratulations on that surgery, Susan! Have you told us previously what kind you had? Hope you'll keep us posted on your progress and by the way, don't forget to order chocolate while you're recovering!

Pam R. on 4/19/01 at 00:43 (045047)

Yes, You made it! We all knew you would and yes chocolate has great healing powers--raises chemical level in the brain and makes us feel better and yes,let your husband baby you. Ice and elevate please! I'm still icing and it's been 3 weeks today , stitches are out , I'm walking every where and looking now for a good pair of shoes out of the list my Pod gave me. As I mentioned in a previous post , my other foot was to be done, but for some reason, by the grace of God, The pain in subsiding and my fibromas are shinking (benign Tumors) and he is amazed. I have rested both both feet and still iceing every evening. The best of everything to you. Listen to your body--don't rush things . ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

Re: You made it!!

Valerie S on 4/17/01 at hrmin (044892)

Hi Tammie.

SO glad to hear from you! Glad you are still alive and ... kicking..?? hee hee ...

Will look forward to hearing about your great strides toward being pain free. I know it' hard to keep you down, but please take it easy and do as your doctor says... I will be praying for you, wishing a speedy recovery for you... I will keep emailing you.

When you are up to it, give us an update. I am so glad you made it!! I knew you could!

Your friend, Val.

JudyS on 4/17/01 at 20:50 (044901)

Tammie - great to hear from you so soon! Now do as the big guy says and get back to the sofa! Oh, and,....order chocolate!

Laurie R on 4/17/01 at 23:47 (044914)

Hi Tammy,
Glad to know that it is all over for you. I hope you don't have to much pain.... Also I hope you have a speedy recovery...We are here for you ... I will e-mail to see how you are doing...Laurie R

Susan U on 4/18/01 at 12:39 (044975)

Good job, Tammie. I had my surgery 1 week ago today. I had no cast, just bandaging. I had no pain until around 8:00 the night of the surgery and all through the night. My husband called the dr. the next morning and he gave me stronger pain med. which help tremendously. I have been walking with a walker instead of crutches because I feel much more secure with them. You might want to give it a try. I borrowed mine from the local ambulance corp. I too have been elevating and icing and paid meding. Today I started to walk with a quadcane instead of the walker, and so far, so good. I go to see my dr. next Wed. (2 wks. post-op).

Rest, take advantage of your husband's fussing, and do what your dr. says. Keep us posted when you can.

JudyS on 4/18/01 at 12:45 (044978)

Congratulations on that surgery, Susan! Have you told us previously what kind you had? Hope you'll keep us posted on your progress and by the way, don't forget to order chocolate while you're recovering!

Pam R. on 4/19/01 at 00:43 (045047)

Yes, You made it! We all knew you would and yes chocolate has great healing powers--raises chemical level in the brain and makes us feel better and yes,let your husband baby you. Ice and elevate please! I'm still icing and it's been 3 weeks today , stitches are out , I'm walking every where and looking now for a good pair of shoes out of the list my Pod gave me. As I mentioned in a previous post , my other foot was to be done, but for some reason, by the grace of God, The pain in subsiding and my fibromas are shinking (benign Tumors) and he is amazed. I have rested both both feet and still iceing every evening. The best of everything to you. Listen to your body--don't rush things . ((Soft Hugs)) Pam