Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New to board. Had surgery April 9th

Posted by Sandra A. on 4/17/01 at hrmin (044906)

Just wish I had found this before surgery I have been reading so much stuff in this website that I hadn't gotten to the surgery part till they said were going to do surgery on both feet. I left the hospital with very little realease info. First two days I really just slept with the help of my perscription. All I was told was to change bandage every two days and where shoes.If anyone could share there views on what I should be doing please share? Would it help to put some neosporum on the 1 1/4 inch scar, stiches don't come out until April 25th. Well, hope to hear from someone. Thanks Sandra

Re: New to board. Had surgery April 9th

Tracey A on 4/17/01 at 22:19 (044910)

Sandra, Can I ask where your scar is located on your foot?

BrianG on 4/18/01 at 10:52 (044961)

Hi Sandra,

When I was scoped 1.5 years ago, I told my doc 'no infections'. He gave me a round of anti-biotics and I never had to worry about creams, especially during the 1st week. My bandage stayed on until the stitches were out. Good luck

BCG

Susan U on 4/18/01 at 12:46 (044979)

I had my surgery last Wed. (4/11). I had only an ace bandage and heavy cotton padding on my foot. I removed the bandaging Friday evening (2 days after surgery) and replaced it with a gauze pad and re-applied the ace bandage. I removed the ace bandage for a few hours each afternoon and changed the gauze every night and re-applied the ace bandage. Yesterday, I left the ace bandage off all day and didn't re-apply it last night. I just have a gauze on the incision and I put a sock on over that. It feels fine. I wouldn't start rubbing anything into the incision until your dr. tells you to.

Did you have both feet done at once? I hope not! How are you supposed to walk?

I would call my dr. and get more info. I can't believe he/she didn't give you post-op instructions to follow.

Let us know how you are doing.

Sandra on 4/18/01 at hrmin (045037)

Inner side of foot close to heel/vertically.

Sandra on 4/18/01 at hrmin (045039)

Thanks Susan, It is hard for me to get around, because I had both feet done at once. The sock sounds like a good idea maybe I'll try it. I'am getting bored of being in the house. How about you? Do you have to stay off your feet? I have a sister who's really been nice and comes over and helps me out. Thank-God for her or else I don't know what I would have done while my husband's at work. Hope we keep in touch my foot friend and that everyday is painless. Thanks, Sandra

Tracey on 4/18/01 at 23:08 (045042)

Sandra,
My incision is inner right heel close to the back of the heel and goes horizonally and under the arch. I had two surgeries and 2 different doctors. My heel is numb because the first doctor cut nerves and the 2nd doctor made the incision longer and went under the arch and cut blood vessels my damage is permanent. I wish you all the best and good health. Tracey

Pam R. on 4/19/01 at 00:25 (045046)

Sandra , was this surgery for Pf release only. Maybe I missed it in your post. But I know the most important thing for you to do is ice and elevate. Are you in a cast or just in bandages and why were both feet done at one time. This is very unusual. It makes it very difficult for you. Was this your choice or your doctors?. I feel like I'm missing some info here. I'm not a doctor, but I studied and read everything for months before I had my surgery done and I'm truly blessed I found this site before surgery. The People here and the Doctors that post here are wonderful. You couldn't have found a better site. Please post again when you are able. I've been Nicknamed 'Happy Feet' by a dear poster. I'm Pam ((Soft Hugs))

Tracey A on 4/17/01 at 22:19 (044910)

Sandra, Can I ask where your scar is located on your foot?

BrianG on 4/18/01 at 10:52 (044961)

Hi Sandra,

When I was scoped 1.5 years ago, I told my doc 'no infections'. He gave me a round of anti-biotics and I never had to worry about creams, especially during the 1st week. My bandage stayed on until the stitches were out. Good luck

BCG

Susan U on 4/18/01 at 12:46 (044979)

I had my surgery last Wed. (4/11). I had only an ace bandage and heavy cotton padding on my foot. I removed the bandaging Friday evening (2 days after surgery) and replaced it with a gauze pad and re-applied the ace bandage. I removed the ace bandage for a few hours each afternoon and changed the gauze every night and re-applied the ace bandage. Yesterday, I left the ace bandage off all day and didn't re-apply it last night. I just have a gauze on the incision and I put a sock on over that. It feels fine. I wouldn't start rubbing anything into the incision until your dr. tells you to.

Did you have both feet done at once? I hope not! How are you supposed to walk?

I would call my dr. and get more info. I can't believe he/she didn't give you post-op instructions to follow.

Let us know how you are doing.

Sandra on 4/18/01 at hrmin (045037)

Inner side of foot close to heel/vertically.

Sandra on 4/18/01 at hrmin (045039)

Thanks Susan, It is hard for me to get around, because I had both feet done at once. The sock sounds like a good idea maybe I'll try it. I'am getting bored of being in the house. How about you? Do you have to stay off your feet? I have a sister who's really been nice and comes over and helps me out. Thank-God for her or else I don't know what I would have done while my husband's at work. Hope we keep in touch my foot friend and that everyday is painless. Thanks, Sandra

Tracey on 4/18/01 at 23:08 (045042)

Sandra,
My incision is inner right heel close to the back of the heel and goes horizonally and under the arch. I had two surgeries and 2 different doctors. My heel is numb because the first doctor cut nerves and the 2nd doctor made the incision longer and went under the arch and cut blood vessels my damage is permanent. I wish you all the best and good health. Tracey

Pam R. on 4/19/01 at 00:25 (045046)

Sandra , was this surgery for Pf release only. Maybe I missed it in your post. But I know the most important thing for you to do is ice and elevate. Are you in a cast or just in bandages and why were both feet done at one time. This is very unusual. It makes it very difficult for you. Was this your choice or your doctors?. I feel like I'm missing some info here. I'm not a doctor, but I studied and read everything for months before I had my surgery done and I'm truly blessed I found this site before surgery. The People here and the Doctors that post here are wonderful. You couldn't have found a better site. Please post again when you are able. I've been Nicknamed 'Happy Feet' by a dear poster. I'm Pam ((Soft Hugs))