Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post op day 2

Posted by Tammie on 4/18/01 at hrmin (044985)

Well gang the night was awful as u proably would have guessed, my hubby I will give him credit was wonderful getting up with me,getting meds and helping to the bathroom. I took off my tall sock thing today and washed it by hand as it was full of blood. I was afraid to rely on to much pain meds so cut back and I WONT do that again. Surgery center called today and urged me to take meds on scheduale and minimal weight bearing so as to not bleed. I am having allot of pelvic hip pain on the side of surgery and my face feels hot and flushed is this like normal? I thought maybe after afeects of surgery or maybe do to the allergic reaction of antibiotics at hospital? I feel itchy to. I am only on darvecet 1x4hrs. Oh and I start celebrex sometime today to. In any case I see the dr. on fri as he will check and change dressing. Well I recommend to any one getting the surgery , Please dont try to be the strong one TAKE the pain meds I have learned that quite quickly today as feel fine then it hits big time. I think all in all things are ok tho So heres to good results to all.Will continue with updates. hopefully it might help someone else to. Remember take your pain meds dont be a fool like I was. Well the big man here says I have only a few more min . to be up then down and the ice bag, fun it is quite funny as I am usually the care taker heheh he is being wonderful actually and it is kinda nice to have him for support. Now friends take care ttys.( Talk To You Soon)Hugs

Re: Post op day 2

Susan U on 4/18/01 at 13:39 (044991)

Sounds good, Tammie. Keep off it, elevate and ice and take those meds. at least for a few days. It does wonders in your recovery. Keep that man! Mine lost interest in helping me after only a few days. Guess I'm too independent for my own good! Good thing I have children to boss around! LOL. Keep us informed.

Pam R. on 4/19/01 at 00:12 (045045)

Ice and elevate , Tammie, Please. You don't realize how much this is helping you and take advantage of your husband's willingness to help you--that is wonderful. It's going to take time--listen to your body, your doctor and your husband. I'm still icing every night although I don't elevate, ice both feet. And because I needed surgery on the other foot too, my Pod was so surprise that the pain and the fibromas (benign tumors) on my right foot are actually shinking and there is no pain at the present time. Maybe because the last three weeks after surgery I sat down at 9 pm & did nothing but ice and rest. Miracles do happen and prayers works wonders. The very best to you. LOL ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

BrianG on 4/19/01 at 11:23 (045093)

Hi Tammie,

How are you doing today? Are your pain meds makking it? What you have is just a glorified asprin. Darvocet are about as weak a narcotic that you can buy. If you need something stronger, ask your doc for Vicodan, or Percoset. Either one of them will give you some good pain relief. Yes, you can expect some itching from the codeine. Like you said, be a good patient and take your pain pills :*)

BCG

Re: Post op day 2/thanks for the concern

Tammie on 4/19/01 at 13:55 (045108)

Hi , well I am doing ok mostly bored silly! The pain is there yes which reminds me to behave,I do know that the vicoden was much better for the pain but I would rather not have my face all swollen and hot with hives from the reaction ,so I will take the extra pain and stick with the darvecet. I will see the dr. tomorrow and see what he thinks although he kinda scares me as they seem to want a lot of progress and I am afraid it is not going to be easy to get it that quick. I am up and try to bear minimal weight as I can but it does hurt so rebound thing hurrts so back off (at least in my mind) well not much other to report thought it would be easier today but not really a bit more sore then yesterday, think maybe did a bit to much then. Thanks for the info I appreciate the care, I lol am so bad I sneak on the putor and my hubby gets soo mad as he says I am up much to much but I am so bored. I am definetly not used to sitting around. Must go now thanks for the info.

Susan U on 4/18/01 at 13:39 (044991)

Sounds good, Tammie. Keep off it, elevate and ice and take those meds. at least for a few days. It does wonders in your recovery. Keep that man! Mine lost interest in helping me after only a few days. Guess I'm too independent for my own good! Good thing I have children to boss around! LOL. Keep us informed.

Pam R. on 4/19/01 at 00:12 (045045)

Ice and elevate , Tammie, Please. You don't realize how much this is helping you and take advantage of your husband's willingness to help you--that is wonderful. It's going to take time--listen to your body, your doctor and your husband. I'm still icing every night although I don't elevate, ice both feet. And because I needed surgery on the other foot too, my Pod was so surprise that the pain and the fibromas (benign tumors) on my right foot are actually shinking and there is no pain at the present time. Maybe because the last three weeks after surgery I sat down at 9 pm & did nothing but ice and rest. Miracles do happen and prayers works wonders. The very best to you. LOL ((Soft Hugs)) Pam

BrianG on 4/19/01 at 11:23 (045093)

Hi Tammie,

How are you doing today? Are your pain meds makking it? What you have is just a glorified asprin. Darvocet are about as weak a narcotic that you can buy. If you need something stronger, ask your doc for Vicodan, or Percoset. Either one of them will give you some good pain relief. Yes, you can expect some itching from the codeine. Like you said, be a good patient and take your pain pills :*)

BCG

Re: Post op day 2/thanks for the concern

Tammie on 4/19/01 at 13:55 (045108)

Hi , well I am doing ok mostly bored silly! The pain is there yes which reminds me to behave,I do know that the vicoden was much better for the pain but I would rather not have my face all swollen and hot with hives from the reaction ,so I will take the extra pain and stick with the darvecet. I will see the dr. tomorrow and see what he thinks although he kinda scares me as they seem to want a lot of progress and I am afraid it is not going to be easy to get it that quick. I am up and try to bear minimal weight as I can but it does hurt so rebound thing hurrts so back off (at least in my mind) well not much other to report thought it would be easier today but not really a bit more sore then yesterday, think maybe did a bit to much then. Thanks for the info I appreciate the care, I lol am so bad I sneak on the putor and my hubby gets soo mad as he says I am up much to much but I am so bored. I am definetly not used to sitting around. Must go now thanks for the info.