Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for the Dr.?

Posted by Tammie on 4/19/01 at 10:25 (045079)

Hi I had the pf surgery and heel spur removal Tues., Today is thurs., should it still be bleeding thru the bandages? I am told not to take off bandages to keep adding gauze. I have a air cast with a like terry cloth sock they put on it a Pneumatic walker cast.He told me to put 10% on first day 20% second and 30% third day he will see me tomorrow fri. I dont want to sound like a baby I have already had to call him for allergic reaction to the vicadin yesterday , I dont want him thinking I am a baby and I dont want him mad if I dont do what he told me to with the weight bearing thing I try to prop it up and it seems to throb more when up, the higher I put it up and I cannot stand anything under it I take off the cast when propped Just wondering if this is the normal thing,and if maybe I am trying to do to much? Please can u give me advice I dont want to callhim again he will really think I am a whiner lol. This may be normal I dont know.Thanks in advance for the information .also since I had the reaction to the pain med the office girl told me I had to bring the remander of the vicaden to the office as that was the only way he would give me the davecet I dont mind really s i cannot use it but I think it is kinda funny of that request from them I wonder if it would be bad taste for me to do this and insist I watch while they flush as how do I know they are not taking them? I just thought this was a bit unusal lol I am not a druggie lol I hate meds and I have learned thru this I will take as prescribed as to not is definatly more painful. Thanks just thought u might have expierance with this

Re: Question for the Dr.?

wendyn on 4/19/01 at 11:54 (045096)

Tammie - call you doctor..that's what they're there for...don't guess.

When my friend died of cancer his leftover morphine had to be returned to the pharmacy. Narcotics are controlled substances and can be sold on the back market. Don't take the request personally...

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/20/01 at 09:11 (045178)

Hi,

I see alot of patient each day and I alway would want the patient to call for any questions. If I find that the patients are asking the same question it tells me that either our written post-op directions aren't clear or the staff isn't explaining the directions clearly. This not only helps the patient but help the doctor with quality control

wendyn on 4/19/01 at 11:54 (045096)

Tammie - call you doctor..that's what they're there for...don't guess.

When my friend died of cancer his leftover morphine had to be returned to the pharmacy. Narcotics are controlled substances and can be sold on the back market. Don't take the request personally...

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/20/01 at 09:11 (045178)

Hi,

I see alot of patient each day and I alway would want the patient to call for any questions. If I find that the patients are asking the same question it tells me that either our written post-op directions aren't clear or the staff isn't explaining the directions clearly. This not only helps the patient but help the doctor with quality control