Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS AND THE SPINE

Posted by DENNIS B. on 4/19/01 at 16:43 (045115)

AS STATED IN ONE OF MY EARLIER POSTS, I HAD AN EPIDURAL WHEN I HAD MY TTS RELEASE. IT WAS CORTISONE INJECTED INTO MY LOWER SPINE AREA. I VISITED MY RHEUMATOLOGIST ON 4/18 AND TOLD HIM THAT I WAS WORSE OFF AFTER MY TTS RELEASE THAN BEFORE IT. HE INDICATED TO ME THAT I HAVE 3 THINGS GOING ON. THE TTS, NEUROPATHY INDICATED BY AN EMG AND ALSO SPINAL STENOSIS INDICATED BY A CAT SCAN. THE CORTISONE SHOT WAS AN ATTEMPT TO HELP THE SPINAL STENOSIS. IT WASN'T SUCCESSFUL. SO------I GO TO A NEUROSURGEON ON MONDAY THE 23RD OF APRIL TO SEE IF HE THINKS THAT I SHOULD CONSIDER SURGERY. THE STENOSIS IS WHERE THE VERTABRAE TIGHTLY 'GRIP' THE SPINAL CORD AS WELL AS THE NERVES THAT RUN THROUGH THE PASSAGE IN THE VERTABRAE. I THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE THIS INFO WITH ALL YOU AS YOU MAY WISH TO DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN AS IT RELATES TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL CONDITION. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WENT WITH THE NEUROSURGEON.

Re: TTS AND THE SPINE

wendyn on 4/19/01 at 19:48 (045141)

Dennis - I am sorry to hear that you are worse off before surgery. Do you think the surgery made your feet worse?

Please keep in touch and let us know how you do with the neurologist.

Re: TTS AND THE SPINE

wendyn on 4/19/01 at 19:48 (045141)

Dennis - I am sorry to hear that you are worse off before surgery. Do you think the surgery made your feet worse?

Please keep in touch and let us know how you do with the neurologist.