Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain

Posted by Jamie S on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045187)

I had a heel spur last year ihad the surgery and after the surgery i found out i had diabetes the pain started back up about 3months after the surgery my doctor put a cast my foot for a week it helped a little so i tried wrapping my foot up resting it but the pain is still throbbing i use to work in shipping but they changed my job now they got me on my feet for 10 hours a day my doctor took me off work for a couple weeks he put it in a cast for a week it helped a little he also took x-rays it showed no problems i still have the pain do you have any suggestions thank you.

Re: Heel Pain

Dr Zuckerman on 4/20/01 at 11:18 (045189)

Is the pain the same as before the foot surgery. Is the pain at the same location . Is the pain the same type of pain. Any more information would be helpful so that I can point you in a helpful direction.

Jamie S on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045191)

Yes the pain is the same as before the sugery also the same location. also after the surgery my foot on the bottom has become numb and tingles it wasn't before the surgery i think it's more throbbing than it was before the surgery and it doesn't matter if iam sitting walking standing on the back of my heel near the lower ankle it hurts to touch thank you.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/20/01 at 12:54 (045193)

Did anyone talk to you about TTS. Is there an electrical radiating type of pain on the inside of your ankle down to the down of your foot.

Have you heard about ESWT.?

Jamie S on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045220)

No i don't have any electrical type of pain down my ankle to my foot but when i touch around my scar from surgery it feels like my nerves are going crazy iam also going to phyiscal therapy they do the ultrasound and electric shock also message it then whirpool. also what is tts never heard of it. thank you.

angie. c on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045250)

my doctor told me i have to bone spur on my right heel. i had 3 cortisone shot and alot of pain killer and they still don't stop the pain. my doctor even fitted me for my inserts that i have to wear all the time. i have a very busy life n i have 3 kids that's keeps me in my feet all the time. how can i get rid of this aweful pain in my heel. pls help! i want to be pain free n i want to go back to my aerobics wrk out. but i have to get rid of this pain first. pls help!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 22:33 (045329)

TTS is where there is some swelling around the posterior tibial nerve. This is the nerve that goes pass the inside of the ankle bone and supplies feeling to the bottom of the foot. Some time it is swollen before the surgery and sometime after the foot surgery. I am sure that your doctor checked the nerve out before the foot surgery to see if it was entraped. This is very rare but possible. Very similiar to carpap tunnel in the hand and wrist.

Dr Zuckerman on 4/20/01 at 11:18 (045189)

Is the pain the same as before the foot surgery. Is the pain at the same location . Is the pain the same type of pain. Any more information would be helpful so that I can point you in a helpful direction.

Jamie S on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045191)

Yes the pain is the same as before the sugery also the same location. also after the surgery my foot on the bottom has become numb and tingles it wasn't before the surgery i think it's more throbbing than it was before the surgery and it doesn't matter if iam sitting walking standing on the back of my heel near the lower ankle it hurts to touch thank you.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/20/01 at 12:54 (045193)

Did anyone talk to you about TTS. Is there an electrical radiating type of pain on the inside of your ankle down to the down of your foot.

Have you heard about ESWT.?

Jamie S on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045220)

No i don't have any electrical type of pain down my ankle to my foot but when i touch around my scar from surgery it feels like my nerves are going crazy iam also going to phyiscal therapy they do the ultrasound and electric shock also message it then whirpool. also what is tts never heard of it. thank you.

angie. c on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045250)

my doctor told me i have to bone spur on my right heel. i had 3 cortisone shot and alot of pain killer and they still don't stop the pain. my doctor even fitted me for my inserts that i have to wear all the time. i have a very busy life n i have 3 kids that's keeps me in my feet all the time. how can i get rid of this aweful pain in my heel. pls help! i want to be pain free n i want to go back to my aerobics wrk out. but i have to get rid of this pain first. pls help!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 22:33 (045329)

TTS is where there is some swelling around the posterior tibial nerve. This is the nerve that goes pass the inside of the ankle bone and supplies feeling to the bottom of the foot. Some time it is swollen before the surgery and sometime after the foot surgery. I am sure that your doctor checked the nerve out before the foot surgery to see if it was entraped. This is very rare but possible. Very similiar to carpap tunnel in the hand and wrist.