Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Biofreeze

Posted by Pauline on 4/20/01 at 17:17 (045223)

Has anyone heard or tried this product Biofreeze? Any feed back on it?

Re: Biofreeze

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/21/01 at 00:01 (045254)

Yes, its sort of like Ben-Gay, there are a lot of those arthritic creams out there. My mother tried some samples for her knee and said it really worked, I don't know about for PF.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 10:12 (045277)

It is very good as a topical pain relief medication. Can't hurt you and can make your foot feel better at the time of applicaion and shortly after.

The company will send you samples if you ask

Amy A. on 4/21/01 at 12:55 (045288)

Where can I purchase Biofreeze?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/22/01 at 13:01 (045360)

Go to the web site for podiatry products. Not sure of the address.Just type in the name podiatry products and it should lead you to this site and information about where to buy biofreeze. If you can find it e-mail at footcare@home.com and I will take alook in the podiatry products book

john h on 4/23/01 at 09:36 (045426)

a lot of physical thearapist and massage thearapist use the product. i have used it and it provides a cooling sensation but no curing properities that i know of. you can order it on the net or buy it from massage thearapist.

Celia to Pauline on 4/23/01 at 11:45 (045443)

Pauline, I tried it for my muscle soreness and it worked real well. Unfortunately it didn't do much for my pf. It just made my feet feel very cold and that 'bengay' feeling wasn't comfortable either because it made my feet feel like they were swelling up. Hopefully it will work for you. You can get samples from a chiropractic office, too. Good luck! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our bodies are different and work their own way. I myself hate it when I hear all these great things about a product and as you keep reading, someone else has something negative to say. Sheesh!

Richard, C.Ped on 4/25/01 at 08:22 (045653)

http://www.biofreeze.com/

It looks like they offer free samples.
Richard

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/21/01 at 00:01 (045254)

Yes, its sort of like Ben-Gay, there are a lot of those arthritic creams out there. My mother tried some samples for her knee and said it really worked, I don't know about for PF.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 10:12 (045277)

It is very good as a topical pain relief medication. Can't hurt you and can make your foot feel better at the time of applicaion and shortly after.

The company will send you samples if you ask

Amy A. on 4/21/01 at 12:55 (045288)

Where can I purchase Biofreeze?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/22/01 at 13:01 (045360)

Go to the web site for podiatry products. Not sure of the address.Just type in the name podiatry products and it should lead you to this site and information about where to buy biofreeze. If you can find it e-mail at footcare@home.com and I will take alook in the podiatry products book

john h on 4/23/01 at 09:36 (045426)

a lot of physical thearapist and massage thearapist use the product. i have used it and it provides a cooling sensation but no curing properities that i know of. you can order it on the net or buy it from massage thearapist.

Celia to Pauline on 4/23/01 at 11:45 (045443)

Pauline, I tried it for my muscle soreness and it worked real well. Unfortunately it didn't do much for my pf. It just made my feet feel very cold and that 'bengay' feeling wasn't comfortable either because it made my feet feel like they were swelling up. Hopefully it will work for you. You can get samples from a chiropractic office, too. Good luck! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our bodies are different and work their own way. I myself hate it when I hear all these great things about a product and as you keep reading, someone else has something negative to say. Sheesh!

Richard, C.Ped on 4/25/01 at 08:22 (045653)

http://www.biofreeze.com/

It looks like they offer free samples.
Richard