Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey Folks I Need Some Serious Info Here Please

Posted by Terrie L. on 4/20/01 at hrmin (045241)

Hi there,I sure could use some help.I am a single Mom with severe plantar faciitis and if the shock wave treatment doesnt work or I have to take more than 2 monthes off, my child and I may be living undera freeway bridge in the San Fernando VAlley.I love my Doc and he says it will work but thats not what Im seeing here.Also,does insurance pay?I would be having it at the Sherman Oaks location.I have noone to help me so I have to be on my feet ASAP.Any info would be appreciated.Thanks,Terrie

Re: Hey Folks I Need Some Serious Info Here Please

Cynthia D on 4/21/01 at 08:45 (045261)

Hi Terrie, how old are your kids? Are they in school? Is there an after-school program? Do you have family near you? Some people have gotten insurance to pay for ESWT, but if not, it's pretty pricey. If you do have it, which machine does your doctor use? You may very well need a few weeks off work, depending what you do. Give us some more information, I want to help you. I am a newly-recovered (about 85%) pf sufferer. I had ESWT almost 11 weeks ago.

Steve P on 4/21/01 at 09:43 (045266)

Hi Terrie ---

I agree with Cynthia's post.

Click on 'view and enter ESWT locations' above & you'll see a list of 97 people (so far) who have had ESWT. Their average pain level has gone from 8.4 to 3.4. (10 = worst pain). Docs report that EWST has a high success rate. But it can take months for the full benefit to be realized.

What do you do for a living?

Steve

Dr/. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 10:06 (045274)

Would you give us your expectations as to what you were told you can and can't do. What kind of job do you have. This board will help you thru this

Cynthia D on 4/21/01 at 08:45 (045261)

Hi Terrie, how old are your kids? Are they in school? Is there an after-school program? Do you have family near you? Some people have gotten insurance to pay for ESWT, but if not, it's pretty pricey. If you do have it, which machine does your doctor use? You may very well need a few weeks off work, depending what you do. Give us some more information, I want to help you. I am a newly-recovered (about 85%) pf sufferer. I had ESWT almost 11 weeks ago.

Steve P on 4/21/01 at 09:43 (045266)

Hi Terrie ---

I agree with Cynthia's post.

Click on 'view and enter ESWT locations' above & you'll see a list of 97 people (so far) who have had ESWT. Their average pain level has gone from 8.4 to 3.4. (10 = worst pain). Docs report that EWST has a high success rate. But it can take months for the full benefit to be realized.

What do you do for a living?

Steve

Dr/. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 10:06 (045274)

Would you give us your expectations as to what you were told you can and can't do. What kind of job do you have. This board will help you thru this