Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pain with stitches

Posted by Jen on 4/21/01 at 09:57 (045269)

How did everyone feel once their stitches were removed? I stretch my foot 3x day and feel like I have good range of motion but a real pain where the stitches are? Normal? better after they were out?

thanks
Jen

Re: pain with stitches

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 10:01 (045272)

Usually patients can't wait for them to come out and they usually feel better. Now if you have some stitches that absorb under the skin will feel tightness and some pain for a few more weeks.

Diana on 4/21/01 at 21:51 (045324)

It's been 3.5 weeks since my surgery. I still have hard spots on each side of my stitches and for the last weeks I have been having little sharp pains come and go there.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 10:01 (045272)

Usually patients can't wait for them to come out and they usually feel better. Now if you have some stitches that absorb under the skin will feel tightness and some pain for a few more weeks.

Diana on 4/21/01 at 21:51 (045324)

It's been 3.5 weeks since my surgery. I still have hard spots on each side of my stitches and for the last weeks I have been having little sharp pains come and go there.