Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tammie I'm worried for you

Posted by Susan U on 4/21/01 at 17:42 (045304)

I can't believe your Dr.! My dr. is SO patient and answers every question whether I've asked it once or ten times. There's something wrong with asking for the medicine back also. A fever and such bad pain is nothing to fool around with either. I certainly wouldn't wait until Next Friday! If he can't see you, contact another dr.==even your primary dr.==and have it checked immediately.

I had my surgery on 4/11. I am off my walker and use a quadcane unless I am really tired. I had open pf release and orthoscopic surgery on my knee. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is I seem to have the exact same pain in the bottom of the heel of my foot that I had before surgery. I see my dr. on Wed. to have my stitches removed and I hope he has a good explaination for this. I hope to God I didn't go through this for nothing!

Please keep us posted, Tammie.

Re: Tammie I'm worried for you

Diana on 4/21/01 at 21:53 (045325)

I seem to have the same pain in the bottom of my foot after 3+ weeks also. I have been on them alot and have gone back towork. I'm worried Ihave hurt something.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 22:30 (045327)

Hi,
I would be worried. You can have pain in the same area that was just operated on. The cut into the fascia is right in that area. Some will have no pain in that area right away and then then are some that will have pain in that area for some time. So don't worry

Re: How ya doing ?

BrianG on 4/24/01 at 08:47 (045543)

Hi Tammie,

How are you feeling today, still in pain? No infection I hope.

Best wishes
BCG

Re: How ya doing ?/crabby

Tammie on 4/25/01 at hrmin (045743)

Hi and thanks for the how are u doing I am just checking quick as been a long day! I atempted to go visit at work , I miss my patients,had to take there little candies and things to them. It made me sad that i could not be there. I tryed to get a few things from the store and was angry with self that it is to hard. And I went to my daughters track meet, and sat in the bleachers. A little to much. I will ice and elevate tonight. I am angry at myself I HATE this . It hurts and I hate it,I want to do more, I want to take care of my own needs I dont want help I WANT TO DO IT. I am angry and crabby. And I wont sleep as usual, but maybe the fresh air helped me today,I am sorry do not meen to take it out on any one . I have fought all day with everyone,who I care about. Sorry. Thanks for being a friend.

Diana on 4/21/01 at 21:53 (045325)

I seem to have the same pain in the bottom of my foot after 3+ weeks also. I have been on them alot and have gone back towork. I'm worried Ihave hurt something.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/21/01 at 22:30 (045327)

Hi,
I would be worried. You can have pain in the same area that was just operated on. The cut into the fascia is right in that area. Some will have no pain in that area right away and then then are some that will have pain in that area for some time. So don't worry

Re: How ya doing ?

BrianG on 4/24/01 at 08:47 (045543)

Hi Tammie,

How are you feeling today, still in pain? No infection I hope.

Best wishes
BCG

Re: How ya doing ?/crabby

Tammie on 4/25/01 at hrmin (045743)

Hi and thanks for the how are u doing I am just checking quick as been a long day! I atempted to go visit at work , I miss my patients,had to take there little candies and things to them. It made me sad that i could not be there. I tryed to get a few things from the store and was angry with self that it is to hard. And I went to my daughters track meet, and sat in the bleachers. A little to much. I will ice and elevate tonight. I am angry at myself I HATE this . It hurts and I hate it,I want to do more, I want to take care of my own needs I dont want help I WANT TO DO IT. I am angry and crabby. And I wont sleep as usual, but maybe the fresh air helped me today,I am sorry do not meen to take it out on any one . I have fought all day with everyone,who I care about. Sorry. Thanks for being a friend.