Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hello from Crete

Posted by Julie on 4/22/01 at 12:48 (045357)

Hi everyone

I can't resist this: a friend of mine here in Loutro is letting me use her computer so I'm taking the opportunity to greet you all from this beautiful, special place. I'm here for another day and will be home on Tuesday and will surface properly soon afterwards. Meanwhile - hello from Loutro, paradise on earth.

My heel has behaved itself, I'm sure you'll be glad to know. I hope you're all well and look foreward to catching up.

All the best

Julie

Re: Hello from Crete

Valerie S on 4/22/01 at 13:21 (045362)

Hi Julie!

If you have read the board at all, you can see that WE MISS YOU!

Glad you are enjoying your vacation, and that your feet are behaving themselves... You deserve it!

Have a safe trip back... we look forward to seeing you back here!!

Your friend, Val.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/22/01 at 13:26 (045363)

Glad to hear from you.

Looking forward to your return and hearing about Crete

Dr. Z

Re: The Isles of Greece

Steve P on 4/22/01 at 17:49 (045377)

Julie, Kalispera sus!

The Isles of Greece, the Isles of Greece
Where burning Sappho loved and sung!
Where grew the arts of war and peace,
Where Delos rose and Phoebus sprung;
Eternal summer gilds them yet....
But all except their sun is set.

Uncle Lord Byron

Laurie R on 4/22/01 at 18:48 (045384)

Hi Julie,
Yes you have been missed very much. I can't wait to hear about your trip. So please hurry back and post all about it....laurie R

john h on 4/23/01 at 09:45 (045428)

i have not been north of the arkansas river or south of texarkana since you left. today is rainy and miserable. everyone is figting about ESWT. the cubs lost and my lawn mower is broke. enjoy crete!

Re: Julie wannabe........

JudyS on 4/23/01 at 11:49 (045444)

Let's see, John, if I were Julie, how would I want to respond to your post...hmmmmm....

1. There is nowhere on earth as perfect as that spot located south of the Arkansa River and north of Texarkana - you lucky dog!

2. The rain is so cozy....hope you're enjoying a crackling fire and glass of wine with your lovely spouse....

3. Thank goodness it's raining - you don't have to go out and use your lawnmower!

4. The BRAVES won!

PS - I spent the weekend in a very cold, rainy and blustery Palm Springs, of all places!

Clara on 4/23/01 at 12:52 (045451)

Hi Julie! I´m glad that you having a pleasant trip to Crete Julie and welcome back to us at the board! I have 'only' been abroad two times, at London and Paris. Well, that´s something, but Crete sounds wonderful!
Nice to hear that your heel is o.k too.
Clara

Re: For the Love of God! What has happened here?

Barbara TX on 4/23/01 at 14:26 (045470)

After a much-needed break, I am appalled at what has come to pass on the message board. Not only has John LOST his clubs, but his mower is BROKEN! When, dear Lord, will this madness end? Oh, the humanity! B.

Laurie R on 4/23/01 at 16:24 (045487)

Hi Barbara TX,
So good to see you on the borad again.How are your feet and your pain doing? I hope you are doing well...Laurie R

wendyn on 4/23/01 at 18:56 (045499)

Missed you Barb. Thought you were gone for good.

Re: For the Love of God! Where were you, Barbara?

Cynthia D on 4/23/01 at 20:40 (045511)

I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how you were. In the spirit of the new quizzes here, please pick one:

A) You were in too much pain and misery to put up with ours any more.

B) You were kicking up your heels stomping around Texas in your cowboy boots, out of pain, and too busy for us!

Please pick B. Welcome back to you and to Julie.

JudyS on 4/24/01 at 13:17 (045576)

It's good to see your name, TexBarb. How's everything?

Barbara TX on 4/25/01 at 16:26 (045705)

Thanks for thinking of me - I've had a rotten time of it, tendonitis in my wrists from doing the mommy crawl around the house and the crutches, and I am taking a foot-break from any specific treatments just to give myself a little mental rest. A zap in June, tenatively is in my plans.

Another reason for my break is that cheerless personal attacks (masquerading as research done for my own good) I find psychologically interesting, but otherwise unhelpful. I did lurk about and noted several interesting things:

Some people idolize the American FDA as if it were a god, despite its beneficent wink at thalidomide, phen-phen, rezulin, and now RU-486 (over 90 French women have died from its complications). Also, the FDA is an organization not immune from the corruption of big business. If any of our busy-bee researchers want to look into the reasons that the FDA mandates a certain type of aenesthesia for Ossatron... maybe because it has to be done in a surgical center then, and Healthtronics can recapture that big facility fee? Get to work, gadflies! There is raw, fresh meat to feast upon!

Some people are unable to accept that fact that the Orbasone is approved by the FDA as a theraputic vibrator, and that means that the practictoner can theraputically vibrate any part of me that he wants (Hello!). And wouldn't you know, but attached to my human body is a human heel, capable of being theraputically vibrated! Some people also confuse 'NOT FDA APPROVED' with 'ILLEGAL.' They also cannot make the distinction between how someone can market a device and how they are allowed to use it. If you 'do research' without finding out what these distinctions mean, you sound goofy.

Some people will just be suspicions and ungrateful no matter how many nice overtures you make to them, studies you present to them, or documentation you provide. You just have to detach yourself from that fact and seriously begin to make fun of them, and when they are dead wrong about something factual, tell them so.

Also, I have found out that typing with one hand is infuriating, as is potty-training a child who is faster than you.

Thank you for welcoming me back. Are you sure you want me back? HA! B.

Re: For the Love of God! What has happened here?RE Barbara TX

Laurie R on 4/25/01 at 18:42 (045724)

Hi Barbara, Are you kidding??? You know we want you back!!!!!!! We all have missed you so much.... Like I told you before ,you are such a wonderful person.... Now don't stay away anymore ..Missing you ,Laurie R

wendyn on 4/25/01 at 19:26 (045728)

Barbara - I have missed your wit, your sense, of humor and the way you write.

Take it easy on those wrists - it's hard when everything falls apart at once isn't it?

Beverly on 4/25/01 at 19:51 (045734)

Barbara,

Wow! Have you been missed. As Wendy said, your wit is greatly missed.

Many sympathies on your wrist tendonitis. I've had that before.

I am cutting back on my Board time also. Mostly because I banged my elbow on the kitchen counter and thus flared up my tennis elbow. Fortunately, it responds to rest.

I too have grown weary of argumentative posts.

Glad to see you back,
Beverly

Kay S on 4/25/01 at 20:46 (045744)

BarbTX--I have missed you too, even though I have not been writing as much lately either. (for many reasons)
I HATE that you now have tendonitis in your wrist. What is it with you and your appendages? Please tell me you are not out on the roof, ready to jump.
I wish I had some words of wisdom to share, but at the moment, I'm speechless about your bum luck. I have to ponder this a day or two and then I'll say something really encouraging, I promise.
Kay

JudyS on 4/25/01 at 21:07 (045749)

Ah TexBarb - it is SO good to have your beautiful voice of wit and reason back with us! We need both 24/7 so don't stay away again, hear?
P.S. I know you don't need any reminders but....be sure to laugh loud and often while you chase your potty-trainin' youngster about the house!

Rose L on 4/28/01 at 13:06 (046072)

Hi, Steve - Thanks for waxing poetic (Lord Byron). I was an English major in college, and that poem really brought me back. But back to more mundane matters - how are your feet? I think we're both around the 5 week post ESWT mark. I did the 6 day oral prednisone pak, and had one or two really good days about a week ago, then went out, with my feet taped, did a bit of walking and have totally relapsed since! Maybe the cortisone gave a little temporary relief. Anyway, I'm hanging in there and will have additional ESWT if neccessary. I have to contact Heidi and discuss this with her. Best to you. Rose

Valerie S on 4/22/01 at 13:21 (045362)

Hi Julie!

If you have read the board at all, you can see that WE MISS YOU!

Glad you are enjoying your vacation, and that your feet are behaving themselves... You deserve it!

Have a safe trip back... we look forward to seeing you back here!!

Your friend, Val.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/22/01 at 13:26 (045363)

Glad to hear from you.

Looking forward to your return and hearing about Crete

Dr. Z

Steve P on 4/22/01 at 17:49 (045377)

Julie, Kalispera sus!

The Isles of Greece, the Isles of Greece
Where burning Sappho loved and sung!
Where grew the arts of war and peace,
Where Delos rose and Phoebus sprung;
Eternal summer gilds them yet....
But all except their sun is set.

Uncle Lord Byron

Laurie R on 4/22/01 at 18:48 (045384)

Hi Julie,
Yes you have been missed very much. I can't wait to hear about your trip. So please hurry back and post all about it....laurie R

john h on 4/23/01 at 09:45 (045428)

i have not been north of the arkansas river or south of texarkana since you left. today is rainy and miserable. everyone is figting about ESWT. the cubs lost and my lawn mower is broke. enjoy crete!

Re: Julie wannabe........

JudyS on 4/23/01 at 11:49 (045444)

Let's see, John, if I were Julie, how would I want to respond to your post...hmmmmm....

1. There is nowhere on earth as perfect as that spot located south of the Arkansa River and north of Texarkana - you lucky dog!

2. The rain is so cozy....hope you're enjoying a crackling fire and glass of wine with your lovely spouse....

3. Thank goodness it's raining - you don't have to go out and use your lawnmower!

4. The BRAVES won!

PS - I spent the weekend in a very cold, rainy and blustery Palm Springs, of all places!

Clara on 4/23/01 at 12:52 (045451)

Hi Julie! I´m glad that you having a pleasant trip to Crete Julie and welcome back to us at the board! I have 'only' been abroad two times, at London and Paris. Well, that´s something, but Crete sounds wonderful!
Nice to hear that your heel is o.k too.
Clara

Barbara TX on 4/23/01 at 14:26 (045470)

After a much-needed break, I am appalled at what has come to pass on the message board. Not only has John LOST his clubs, but his mower is BROKEN! When, dear Lord, will this madness end? Oh, the humanity! B.

Laurie R on 4/23/01 at 16:24 (045487)

Hi Barbara TX,
So good to see you on the borad again.How are your feet and your pain doing? I hope you are doing well...Laurie R

wendyn on 4/23/01 at 18:56 (045499)

Missed you Barb. Thought you were gone for good.

Re: For the Love of God! Where were you, Barbara?

Cynthia D on 4/23/01 at 20:40 (045511)

I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how you were. In the spirit of the new quizzes here, please pick one:

A) You were in too much pain and misery to put up with ours any more.

B) You were kicking up your heels stomping around Texas in your cowboy boots, out of pain, and too busy for us!

Please pick B. Welcome back to you and to Julie.

JudyS on 4/24/01 at 13:17 (045576)

It's good to see your name, TexBarb. How's everything?

Barbara TX on 4/25/01 at 16:26 (045705)

Thanks for thinking of me - I've had a rotten time of it, tendonitis in my wrists from doing the mommy crawl around the house and the crutches, and I am taking a foot-break from any specific treatments just to give myself a little mental rest. A zap in June, tenatively is in my plans.

Another reason for my break is that cheerless personal attacks (masquerading as research done for my own good) I find psychologically interesting, but otherwise unhelpful. I did lurk about and noted several interesting things:

Some people idolize the American FDA as if it were a god, despite its beneficent wink at thalidomide, phen-phen, rezulin, and now RU-486 (over 90 French women have died from its complications). Also, the FDA is an organization not immune from the corruption of big business. If any of our busy-bee researchers want to look into the reasons that the FDA mandates a certain type of aenesthesia for Ossatron... maybe because it has to be done in a surgical center then, and Healthtronics can recapture that big facility fee? Get to work, gadflies! There is raw, fresh meat to feast upon!

Some people are unable to accept that fact that the Orbasone is approved by the FDA as a theraputic vibrator, and that means that the practictoner can theraputically vibrate any part of me that he wants (Hello!). And wouldn't you know, but attached to my human body is a human heel, capable of being theraputically vibrated! Some people also confuse 'NOT FDA APPROVED' with 'ILLEGAL.' They also cannot make the distinction between how someone can market a device and how they are allowed to use it. If you 'do research' without finding out what these distinctions mean, you sound goofy.

Some people will just be suspicions and ungrateful no matter how many nice overtures you make to them, studies you present to them, or documentation you provide. You just have to detach yourself from that fact and seriously begin to make fun of them, and when they are dead wrong about something factual, tell them so.

Also, I have found out that typing with one hand is infuriating, as is potty-training a child who is faster than you.

Thank you for welcoming me back. Are you sure you want me back? HA! B.

Re: For the Love of God! What has happened here?RE Barbara TX

Laurie R on 4/25/01 at 18:42 (045724)

Hi Barbara, Are you kidding??? You know we want you back!!!!!!! We all have missed you so much.... Like I told you before ,you are such a wonderful person.... Now don't stay away anymore ..Missing you ,Laurie R

wendyn on 4/25/01 at 19:26 (045728)

Barbara - I have missed your wit, your sense, of humor and the way you write.

Take it easy on those wrists - it's hard when everything falls apart at once isn't it?

Beverly on 4/25/01 at 19:51 (045734)

Barbara,

Wow! Have you been missed. As Wendy said, your wit is greatly missed.

Many sympathies on your wrist tendonitis. I've had that before.

I am cutting back on my Board time also. Mostly because I banged my elbow on the kitchen counter and thus flared up my tennis elbow. Fortunately, it responds to rest.

I too have grown weary of argumentative posts.

Glad to see you back,
Beverly

Kay S on 4/25/01 at 20:46 (045744)

BarbTX--I have missed you too, even though I have not been writing as much lately either. (for many reasons)
I HATE that you now have tendonitis in your wrist. What is it with you and your appendages? Please tell me you are not out on the roof, ready to jump.
I wish I had some words of wisdom to share, but at the moment, I'm speechless about your bum luck. I have to ponder this a day or two and then I'll say something really encouraging, I promise.
Kay

JudyS on 4/25/01 at 21:07 (045749)

Ah TexBarb - it is SO good to have your beautiful voice of wit and reason back with us! We need both 24/7 so don't stay away again, hear?
P.S. I know you don't need any reminders but....be sure to laugh loud and often while you chase your potty-trainin' youngster about the house!

Rose L on 4/28/01 at 13:06 (046072)

Hi, Steve - Thanks for waxing poetic (Lord Byron). I was an English major in college, and that poem really brought me back. But back to more mundane matters - how are your feet? I think we're both around the 5 week post ESWT mark. I did the 6 day oral prednisone pak, and had one or two really good days about a week ago, then went out, with my feet taped, did a bit of walking and have totally relapsed since! Maybe the cortisone gave a little temporary relief. Anyway, I'm hanging in there and will have additional ESWT if neccessary. I have to contact Heidi and discuss this with her. Best to you. Rose