Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post op problems

Posted by MarielleK on 4/24/01 at hrmin (045534)

I had surgery for Haglund's deformity about a month ago, and now everything seems to heal just fine. The only thing is that I am very numb in some areas of the heel, and the other thing which is rather uncomfortable, is that when i walk it feels like the foot is 'rolling outwards', not like the other foot where i feel that i put most of my weight on the side of my big toe. Can this be because some of the achilles tendon was damaged during surgery, or is it normal? I would be very grateful for answers!

Re: post op problems

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/24/01 at 09:40 (045549)

Hi,

This could be from the achilles tendon becoming tight after the foot surgery. Stretching is very helpful. Talk to your doctor and have him examine the foot and ankle. Afte his examination a stretching program will help this.

Re: post op problems

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/24/01 at 09:40 (045549)

Hi,

This could be from the achilles tendon becoming tight after the foot surgery. Stretching is very helpful. Talk to your doctor and have him examine the foot and ankle. Afte his examination a stretching program will help this.