Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post-op news

Posted by bjc on 4/24/01 at 18:32 (045607)

I haven't been to this board in quite a while, been too busy making up for lost time! I had EPF Jan 2000, and an now leading a very normal life! My doctor (pod) said it would take 3 months to recover, but it has taken close to a year to regain full, complete use of my foot. I am not complaining, just pointing out that the healing process is more complicated than statistics may indicate. My recovery has come with increased variety of activities. Before surgery, it was impossible to garden on the hillside without pain; noew it is a pleasure to work outside. I can shop for hours, and do most things. I am even wearing 'normal' shoes, although I do wear Reeboks and orthotics for around-the-house activities. I am completely satisfied with my results, and thank God every day for my recovery. Please do not give up hope! I wish all of you the very best!

Re: post-op news

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/24/01 at 18:40 (045608)

Great news. Yes healing for pf releases can take alot of time

JudyS on 4/25/01 at 11:51 (045673)

great news about your recovery, bj! Thanks for checking in with us.

john h on 4/26/01 at 11:59 (045823)

great news. surgery often gets a bad rap so it is nice to see people who achiieved very positive results. was your surgery endoscopic,open, or minimal invasive?

bjc on 4/27/01 at 17:09 (046011)

Hi, john h! Used to post here regularly about a year ago, but haven't had a need to be back too often. Also was hearing too many negative things about surgery. My surgery was endoscopic, and a little different post-op than most people who post here. I didn't have a cast or cane, and was weight-bearing 9for bathroom trips only) immediately after surgery. Needed very little pain relief (3 percoset, and 2 were for a migraine!) Progress has been slower than expected, but a little each month. Right now I am 'trashing' my feet walking on 45+ degree slopes with no difficulties. No pain killers, no heat or ice, no stretching. I do wear orthotics, but can wear regular shoes for dress occasions. I even walk barefoot, but mentally still have trouble with heel strike! I wish all of you the very best, and hope your outcomes are as successful!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/24/01 at 18:40 (045608)

Great news. Yes healing for pf releases can take alot of time

JudyS on 4/25/01 at 11:51 (045673)

great news about your recovery, bj! Thanks for checking in with us.

john h on 4/26/01 at 11:59 (045823)

great news. surgery often gets a bad rap so it is nice to see people who achiieved very positive results. was your surgery endoscopic,open, or minimal invasive?

bjc on 4/27/01 at 17:09 (046011)

Hi, john h! Used to post here regularly about a year ago, but haven't had a need to be back too often. Also was hearing too many negative things about surgery. My surgery was endoscopic, and a little different post-op than most people who post here. I didn't have a cast or cane, and was weight-bearing 9for bathroom trips only) immediately after surgery. Needed very little pain relief (3 percoset, and 2 were for a migraine!) Progress has been slower than expected, but a little each month. Right now I am 'trashing' my feet walking on 45+ degree slopes with no difficulties. No pain killers, no heat or ice, no stretching. I do wear orthotics, but can wear regular shoes for dress occasions. I even walk barefoot, but mentally still have trouble with heel strike! I wish all of you the very best, and hope your outcomes are as successful!