Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ad for eswt it is deplorable

Posted by cast it on 4/24/01 at 22:36 (045625)

there is an ad in detroit area paper for a doctor doing ESWT at the bottom of the ad it says 'return to work the next day....pain free' can any doctor claim these results? return to work next day? pain free? just wondering, i think it is rather misleading at best

Re: ad for eswt it is deplorable

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 07:59 (045645)

Wow this is really pusing it . I still remember the ads for EPF surgery. Back to work in days. Playing tennis is a week.

bg cped on 4/25/01 at 11:03 (045666)

Wow this guy should be as wealthy as Bill Gates in about 2 years with those results. Or he has a future being the opening act for David Copperfield in Vegas

Pauline on 4/25/01 at 14:50 (045687)

He's a Pod too.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 20:17 (045742)

Is that orthopod or podopod. There is nothing wrong with advertizing your service.

Pauline on 4/25/01 at 21:40 (045754)

You should know, Orthos don't advertise. It was a podopod.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 23:30 (045769)

Oh really,

There isn't a day that doesn't go bye that an orthopedic group via the hosptial isn't pushing the best knee, hip replacement in the world via newspaper and or TV. The only other group that is pushing their service more is the heart by pass surgeons. So take a look at any major newspaper in the country. Well let'sjust keep to the East coast where I live. Even better are the TV ads for the Cancer centers, Heart By-pass centers. lets not leave out the plastic surgeons.dentists

I use to place an Ad for ESWT right next to the Rothman institue ad this is the largest most repected orthopedic surgical group in our area.

I look at it this way if you have a service that is good why not advertize it.

cast it on 4/26/01 at 06:53 (045780)

Your are right Dr Z In my area we get bombed by advert for heart, cancer, and ortho. Hospital send out color brochures in the newspaper. Ads on radio and tv ALL the time. The lasic and breast/facial plastic guys are the worst.

Advertising is not bad. It is the message that you'get back to work the next day...pain free' that bothered me, and Dr Z you did note that was a bogus statement. It would be great if everybody had so mant referals that we didnt have to ever advertise.

With a new machine and procedure it is needed because patients and other refering sources should be made aware of it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/26/01 at 07:04 (045781)

You are right the message is that counts and back to work without pain isn't a great message, although this is very possible, there are alot of other ESWT features that could be pointed out.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 07:59 (045645)

Wow this is really pusing it . I still remember the ads for EPF surgery. Back to work in days. Playing tennis is a week.

bg cped on 4/25/01 at 11:03 (045666)

Wow this guy should be as wealthy as Bill Gates in about 2 years with those results. Or he has a future being the opening act for David Copperfield in Vegas

Pauline on 4/25/01 at 14:50 (045687)

He's a Pod too.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 20:17 (045742)

Is that orthopod or podopod. There is nothing wrong with advertizing your service.

Pauline on 4/25/01 at 21:40 (045754)

You should know, Orthos don't advertise. It was a podopod.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 23:30 (045769)

Oh really,

There isn't a day that doesn't go bye that an orthopedic group via the hosptial isn't pushing the best knee, hip replacement in the world via newspaper and or TV. The only other group that is pushing their service more is the heart by pass surgeons. So take a look at any major newspaper in the country. Well let'sjust keep to the East coast where I live. Even better are the TV ads for the Cancer centers, Heart By-pass centers. lets not leave out the plastic surgeons.dentists

I use to place an Ad for ESWT right next to the Rothman institue ad this is the largest most repected orthopedic surgical group in our area.

I look at it this way if you have a service that is good why not advertize it.

cast it on 4/26/01 at 06:53 (045780)

Your are right Dr Z In my area we get bombed by advert for heart, cancer, and ortho. Hospital send out color brochures in the newspaper. Ads on radio and tv ALL the time. The lasic and breast/facial plastic guys are the worst.

Advertising is not bad. It is the message that you'get back to work the next day...pain free' that bothered me, and Dr Z you did note that was a bogus statement. It would be great if everybody had so mant referals that we didnt have to ever advertise.

With a new machine and procedure it is needed because patients and other refering sources should be made aware of it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/26/01 at 07:04 (045781)

You are right the message is that counts and back to work without pain isn't a great message, although this is very possible, there are alot of other ESWT features that could be pointed out.