Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RETROCALCANEAL SPUR

Posted by ROGER DM on 4/25/01 at 14:13 (045683)

Dr. Zuckerman, I do have a retrocalcaneal spur who is groing a lort since 10 years ago. It starts with a achilles tedonites and now the bone looks like a bump. I did several treatmentes who doesn't work at all. Ice, ultra-sound, streching etc...

I am a runner and this is my job. I have 35 years old and want to race 8 years more. I am afraid of a surgery. What do yyyou think about ossatron, reflectron ? Are they radioterapy ? What do you think about laser apllications ? And cortisone injections ? 10 yyears ago I had a accident and myyy left leg was 1.5 cm shorter than the right one. Since then, my achilles tendonites get worst and worst (the prolem is on the RIGHT foot - that is - the longer leg !). I do have mechanical problems for running but the pain don't let me train hard again.

Can you help me ?

Thank youy for your attention.

Roger

Re: RETROCALCANEAL SPUR

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 17:32 (045714)

WE have using ESWT with the orbasone for this chronic painful condition. Very effective. The only places in the USA that are using ESWT are the doctors using the orbasone. You don't want to use high energy wiht this condition due to the danger of rupture. We use medium ESWT power. If you would like additional information about our ESWT prorgram you can contact Denise our ESWT pateint coordinator She can reached at heelhelp@bee.nt
She will sent you an informational packet with video. You must avoid the steriod injection in this areas. Can and will cause rupture. I know the pain is bad but don't go that route

Re: RETROCALCANEAL SPUR

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/25/01 at 17:32 (045714)

WE have using ESWT with the orbasone for this chronic painful condition. Very effective. The only places in the USA that are using ESWT are the doctors using the orbasone. You don't want to use high energy wiht this condition due to the danger of rupture. We use medium ESWT power. If you would like additional information about our ESWT prorgram you can contact Denise our ESWT pateint coordinator She can reached at heelhelp@bee.nt
She will sent you an informational packet with video. You must avoid the steriod injection in this areas. Can and will cause rupture. I know the pain is bad but don't go that route