Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NO name posters! pf sufferer & cast it

Posted by Martha B. on 4/26/01 at 08:19 (045790)

If you wont post under your own name then dont post at all. This has been an 'understood' rule of this board for a long time.

Re: I think this is a harsh statement

Tammie on 4/26/01 at hrmin (045798)

Martha, no disrespect to u or anyone else, but what is a name anyways ? Maybe they are afraid someone else they know will read there posts. They might feel like they could be more honest about things under a false name. I thought this site is for anyone ,no matter what they want to post as. Who really cares about there name anyways. I dont I am new here, I do use my name ,but at times I wish I hadnt as I know I have told people about this site and now they can read about me , and if I dont want them sharing EVERYTHING they will anyways as they will know my name. I think we should worry more about helping people wherever we can or giving them encouragement or ignoring when necessary.Forget the name thing what really is a name anyways. If they get comfortable here maybe they will share there identity then. Sorry but I kinda felt sad about this subject. Dont be mad that I have a different thought about names.I to was afraid to put my real name but I did.But to be honest I spelled it wrong. But I now no longer care as I see there is another with my spelling lol.

Martha B. on 4/26/01 at 11:42 (045815)

My point is that usually the ones who use another name are posting negative and rude comments!They are regular posters choosing not to use their normal posting name. I am not new to the board(2 years) and posting under your real name has been covered before. REMEMBER THOUGH-Scott knows who is posting these! No more on the subject from me!

Re: NO name so it is ok to use a different name to forge aplogy?

not sure on 4/26/01 at 12:31 (045829)

So Martha B, you dont like it when you think somebody uses a different name? It is odd that the time of your above post was around the same time that a forged apology was made under pf sufferer under the ESWT board. If as you say it is a person using a different handle, as long as it is not a malicious post who cares? But to forge an apology then put somebody else handle is truly strange and juvenile. If you are striving for truth in posting then you are a hipocrite. If it is more likely that you are trying to stifle opinions that you dont like, then you are also a hipocrite, and dishonest.
P.S. WHAT DOES THE B STAND FOR? I DONT THINK I HAVE SEEN YOU POST BEFORE p.p.s. sorry about this thread but when somebody starts using others handles to post it is out of hand...............

Scott R on 4/26/01 at 12:57 (045831)

Let's not post under secret or changing identities. It's just 'bad form'. In the future, I may publicly identify anonymous posters.

BrianG on 4/27/01 at 07:35 (045937)

But Scott, earlier this month I asked you if it would be a good idea to have people register, so there would be no anonomous posts. You didn't agree. In fact you said a little anominity is good. This is just one of the many things that can happen when anyone can type in a username. I do hope you change your mind.

BCG

Re: Excellent Solution Scott.

Kim B. on 4/27/01 at hrmin (045981)

Excellent Solution Scott. But I gather that 'Pen names' are still OK, as long as the poster uses the same pen name all the time.

The only problem I have with 'annonymous' type names is when someone is using it as a way to camouflauge who they really are, and are indeed using it as a SECOND identy, thus creating a person that doesn't exhist in the first place. I suspect this is the case here sometimes. Scott solution makes their attempts pointless.

Re: Brian G.

Kim B. on 4/27/01 at hrmin (045984)

Brian, I think what he's trying to explain is that some peole like being able to come and go from this site without having to register. Personlly, when I was a newbie, I liked that about the site, because I'd rather get to know a site before I have to register. So, it's mainly to make the newbies feel more welcome.

Though, I see your point too, and if his site is ever huge, like the ones you've referenced, he may have to resort to manditory registration just to help with his side of the site management. In the meantime, he knows who we are, even if we change our names, because he has access to the 'footprints' we leave behind.

Kim

Tammie on 4/26/01 at hrmin (045798)

Martha, no disrespect to u or anyone else, but what is a name anyways ? Maybe they are afraid someone else they know will read there posts. They might feel like they could be more honest about things under a false name. I thought this site is for anyone ,no matter what they want to post as. Who really cares about there name anyways. I dont I am new here, I do use my name ,but at times I wish I hadnt as I know I have told people about this site and now they can read about me , and if I dont want them sharing EVERYTHING they will anyways as they will know my name. I think we should worry more about helping people wherever we can or giving them encouragement or ignoring when necessary.Forget the name thing what really is a name anyways. If they get comfortable here maybe they will share there identity then. Sorry but I kinda felt sad about this subject. Dont be mad that I have a different thought about names.I to was afraid to put my real name but I did.But to be honest I spelled it wrong. But I now no longer care as I see there is another with my spelling lol.

Martha B. on 4/26/01 at 11:42 (045815)

My point is that usually the ones who use another name are posting negative and rude comments!They are regular posters choosing not to use their normal posting name. I am not new to the board(2 years) and posting under your real name has been covered before. REMEMBER THOUGH-Scott knows who is posting these! No more on the subject from me!

not sure on 4/26/01 at 12:31 (045829)

So Martha B, you dont like it when you think somebody uses a different name? It is odd that the time of your above post was around the same time that a forged apology was made under pf sufferer under the ESWT board. If as you say it is a person using a different handle, as long as it is not a malicious post who cares? But to forge an apology then put somebody else handle is truly strange and juvenile. If you are striving for truth in posting then you are a hipocrite. If it is more likely that you are trying to stifle opinions that you dont like, then you are also a hipocrite, and dishonest.
P.S. WHAT DOES THE B STAND FOR? I DONT THINK I HAVE SEEN YOU POST BEFORE p.p.s. sorry about this thread but when somebody starts using others handles to post it is out of hand...............

Scott R on 4/26/01 at 12:57 (045831)

Let's not post under secret or changing identities. It's just 'bad form'. In the future, I may publicly identify anonymous posters.

BrianG on 4/27/01 at 07:35 (045937)

But Scott, earlier this month I asked you if it would be a good idea to have people register, so there would be no anonomous posts. You didn't agree. In fact you said a little anominity is good. This is just one of the many things that can happen when anyone can type in a username. I do hope you change your mind.

BCG

Re: Excellent Solution Scott.

Kim B. on 4/27/01 at hrmin (045981)

Excellent Solution Scott. But I gather that 'Pen names' are still OK, as long as the poster uses the same pen name all the time.

The only problem I have with 'annonymous' type names is when someone is using it as a way to camouflauge who they really are, and are indeed using it as a SECOND identy, thus creating a person that doesn't exhist in the first place. I suspect this is the case here sometimes. Scott solution makes their attempts pointless.

Re: Brian G.

Kim B. on 4/27/01 at hrmin (045984)

Brian, I think what he's trying to explain is that some peole like being able to come and go from this site without having to register. Personlly, when I was a newbie, I liked that about the site, because I'd rather get to know a site before I have to register. So, it's mainly to make the newbies feel more welcome.

Though, I see your point too, and if his site is ever huge, like the ones you've referenced, he may have to resort to manditory registration just to help with his side of the site management. In the meantime, he knows who we are, even if we change our names, because he has access to the 'footprints' we leave behind.

Kim