Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I feel so inadequate

Posted by Steve P on 4/26/01 at 18:26 (045878)

Folks, as a poor country boy without much book-learnin' I really feel a debt of gratitude to the two nice ladies who keep setting me straight about ESWT.

I guess I thought I had at least a basic grasp of ESWT. However, I have been continually proven wrong by those who know better.

Although I'm a graduate electrical engineer with 28 years experience in industry, I realize that these two women are technically stronger than I am. Despite my considerable work with high voltage equipment, acoustics, radiation, etc., I know that they are far more knowledgable than I am in these things.

Despite having a Masters degree & two professonal certifications & having researching ESWT from many standpoints, I know I need these women to protect me from flimflam artists and con men who would otherwise easily take money from a 'babe in the woods' like myself.

Even though these two ladies have never actually had ESWT treatment or ever actually seen an ESWT machine in their lives, I know I would be lost without them. Their non-technical, non-medical educations & their extensive life experience (both of them being 10 to 20 years younger than I) are something I simply cannot hope to match.

So thanks again, ladies. I hate to keep imposing on you to keep watching over me & steering me clear of poor, uninformed decisions. But I hope you'll continue out of compassion for a poor fellow like myself with poor reading comprehension. In fact, I can barely spell 'FDA'.

Keep up the good work!

Re: I feel so inadequate

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/26/01 at 18:31 (045879)

Uncle Steve I need someone to make a backup orbasone . Please ,we can built it together. Just make a list of the parts and we can do this on weekends.

I bet you could build this machine in your spare time anyday of the week

Steve P on 4/26/01 at 18:50 (045882)

OK, get the spare parts out of the bath tub.......OOOPS!

Re: try this idea

bg cped on 4/26/01 at 19:04 (045887)

I have invented a machine. It is called a TORO-SONE It operates on the classic but reliable 'pull start'. I took the wheels off of it and mounted it to a table. With the gas drained out of it, it is very safe to operate. The patient lies on the table and rests the heel in a cup that is mounted on the spark plug. The operator puts the spark plug wire about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the plug near the heel.

With the patient being held down by a lovely assitant, I pull and pull very fast. It crackles and pops, the patient squirms and sometimes yells. I know I get results because in all the testing 100% of patients claim that it feels better when I stop pulling the cord.

Let me know if you guys want to go in on it. I also have a 6 horsepower version for the patients with thick fat pad.

Re: Steve -

Kim B. on 4/26/01 at 19:13 (045889)

I was a bit miffed at the time that I wrote that because I felt you had really laid in to Pauline to harshly. I thought unfair, the way you tried to deflect what her point was a well.

Until all this mess, you and I had been friends even aside from this board, and I am well aware of your higher education. The last line if that post was in fact, me taking a jab at you, BUTT it wasn't meant in the vain that some of the others here have taken it to. I promise. I meant it much more light-heartedly, I can assure you.

Every thing I write these days is going to have a witches face put with it, because that is how some here choose to see me. I can't do anything about that, I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings badly enough that you are still thinking of it the next day, as you obviously are. Please accept my sincere apology.

Kim

Coming from my background, I just couldn't help trumping you there.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/26/01 at 18:31 (045879)

Uncle Steve I need someone to make a backup orbasone . Please ,we can built it together. Just make a list of the parts and we can do this on weekends.

I bet you could build this machine in your spare time anyday of the week

Steve P on 4/26/01 at 18:50 (045882)

OK, get the spare parts out of the bath tub.......OOOPS!

Re: try this idea

bg cped on 4/26/01 at 19:04 (045887)

I have invented a machine. It is called a TORO-SONE It operates on the classic but reliable 'pull start'. I took the wheels off of it and mounted it to a table. With the gas drained out of it, it is very safe to operate. The patient lies on the table and rests the heel in a cup that is mounted on the spark plug. The operator puts the spark plug wire about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the plug near the heel.

With the patient being held down by a lovely assitant, I pull and pull very fast. It crackles and pops, the patient squirms and sometimes yells. I know I get results because in all the testing 100% of patients claim that it feels better when I stop pulling the cord.

Let me know if you guys want to go in on it. I also have a 6 horsepower version for the patients with thick fat pad.

Re: Steve -

Kim B. on 4/26/01 at 19:13 (045889)

I was a bit miffed at the time that I wrote that because I felt you had really laid in to Pauline to harshly. I thought unfair, the way you tried to deflect what her point was a well.

Until all this mess, you and I had been friends even aside from this board, and I am well aware of your higher education. The last line if that post was in fact, me taking a jab at you, BUTT it wasn't meant in the vain that some of the others here have taken it to. I promise. I meant it much more light-heartedly, I can assure you.

Every thing I write these days is going to have a witches face put with it, because that is how some here choose to see me. I can't do anything about that, I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings badly enough that you are still thinking of it the next day, as you obviously are. Please accept my sincere apology.

Kim

Coming from my background, I just couldn't help trumping you there.