Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by james R on 4/26/01 at hrmin (045884)

i may have calcaneal neuroma what is it and how to treat it

Re: heel pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/26/01 at 20:50 (045905)

This would depend on the location of the neuroma. Is it on the bottom of the foot or is it a medial calcaneal nerve problem . This is the nerve on the side of the foot. Anyway. if this is indeed the problem and I may saw this is very rare in this area of he foot, then a steriod injection. could help this alot. tapin the area in important to control any abnormal motion in the foot and ankle. Have you seen a doctor and what have you been told is going to be your treatment plan. I hope that this is helpful. Keep us informed

Paulette M on 4/27/01 at hrmin (046028)

I have pain in the back of my heel daily. I've had this pain for approximately 2 months. It seems to be worst when I first get up in the morning or when I do a lot of walking especially with flat shoes. There's some redness but no swelling. Do you have any idea what this could be and what I should do to treat it?

mikeh on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046097)

My wife a 5'-6' 158# female high school teacher has experienced heel pain in both the left and right heels for over 12 months. Initial pain onset occurred in the rightfoot, front and right front side of heel. The pain onset occurred with an increase in lifting and boxing up materials (textbooks, etc)for a move. The left heel became involved approximately three months after initial heel pain onset. The left heel is effected in the same areas. The pain occurs most often in the late afternoon and at bedtime. However, most mornings she experiences verying levels of heel pain, this also occurs after periods of sitting in the car for 2-3hours.The heel pain ranges from moderate to sever and at times from dull to a very sharp throbing pain. There are multiple days when little or no pain occurs in either heel. Foot rubs and massage with viberator, and 25-50mm of vinoxx brings moderate pain relief. Birkees deminish level of pain as do gel heel pads. Fitted orthordic shoe inserts offer little relief. Any ideas or suggestions for treatment and/or pain relief? Thanks, Mike

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/26/01 at 20:50 (045905)

This would depend on the location of the neuroma. Is it on the bottom of the foot or is it a medial calcaneal nerve problem . This is the nerve on the side of the foot. Anyway. if this is indeed the problem and I may saw this is very rare in this area of he foot, then a steriod injection. could help this alot. tapin the area in important to control any abnormal motion in the foot and ankle. Have you seen a doctor and what have you been told is going to be your treatment plan. I hope that this is helpful. Keep us informed

Paulette M on 4/27/01 at hrmin (046028)

I have pain in the back of my heel daily. I've had this pain for approximately 2 months. It seems to be worst when I first get up in the morning or when I do a lot of walking especially with flat shoes. There's some redness but no swelling. Do you have any idea what this could be and what I should do to treat it?

mikeh on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046097)

My wife a 5'-6' 158# female high school teacher has experienced heel pain in both the left and right heels for over 12 months. Initial pain onset occurred in the rightfoot, front and right front side of heel. The pain onset occurred with an increase in lifting and boxing up materials (textbooks, etc)for a move. The left heel became involved approximately three months after initial heel pain onset. The left heel is effected in the same areas. The pain occurs most often in the late afternoon and at bedtime. However, most mornings she experiences verying levels of heel pain, this also occurs after periods of sitting in the car for 2-3hours.The heel pain ranges from moderate to sever and at times from dull to a very sharp throbing pain. There are multiple days when little or no pain occurs in either heel. Foot rubs and massage with viberator, and 25-50mm of vinoxx brings moderate pain relief. Birkees deminish level of pain as do gel heel pads. Fitted orthordic shoe inserts offer little relief. Any ideas or suggestions for treatment and/or pain relief? Thanks, Mike