Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

1 wk post op

Posted by linda on 4/27/01 at hrmin (045939)

Good morning all! It is 1 week now since my surgery and things are going very well. Not much pain, some swelling that's taken care of with elevation and I'm only taking some tylenol as needed for pain. Now if I could just SCRATCH!! :-) You'll never know how much this message board has meant to me the last couple of weeks. I read everything I could post-op and have checked it as often as possible since surgery. It is so good to hear about the good experiences everyone has. Even those who have had some problems seem to be able to stay positive. So THANK YOU, whoever is responsible for this wonderful board! My post op check is this Tuesday. (My son has an appointment the same day, he has a broken hand right now. I'm his hands and he's my feet! We make a pretty good team!) I'm hoping Dr. will give me something I can remove and actually get in the shower!!! My husband took off yesterday and I sat out on the patio with him while he did some work outside. I have a strange tan line now right below my knee!! Oh well. Hope you all have a great day. I'll be praying for us all! Linda
P.S. I'm wondering about shoes post op. Before surgery, if I wore anything with much arch support I really hurt!! Seems like cheap flat shoes felt best. I know that sounds strange. I have very high arches but the arches in the good shoes I bought seems to put to much pressure on my arch. Not sure what I should do post op?? Any suggestions?

Re: 1 wk post op

Tammie on 4/27/01 at 09:41 (045952)

Hi Linda,

I am so happy that things are going well for u!!! It makes me happy to see some people are getting a chance to have a pain free life in the near future!!! I am thinking positive for u and praying this is your answer!!!Sounds as tho you are very happy and that your hubby is supporting u I think that is wonderful!!!! Trust me the shower can do wonders I have a removable cast on and tho it is tricky I enjoy standing under the nice clean water!!!! I Hope u get one soon as it does lift your mood!!! Take care and I will pray that your recovery is quick and painless as possible! You give us hope!! Hugs t u!

Re: 1 wk post op

Tammie on 4/27/01 at 09:41 (045952)

Hi Linda,

I am so happy that things are going well for u!!! It makes me happy to see some people are getting a chance to have a pain free life in the near future!!! I am thinking positive for u and praying this is your answer!!!Sounds as tho you are very happy and that your hubby is supporting u I think that is wonderful!!!! Trust me the shower can do wonders I have a removable cast on and tho it is tricky I enjoy standing under the nice clean water!!!! I Hope u get one soon as it does lift your mood!!! Take care and I will pray that your recovery is quick and painless as possible! You give us hope!! Hugs t u!