Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post op 10day visit

Posted by Tammie on 4/27/01 at hrmin (046029)

Hi , I seen the dr. today, It was the wife of the dr. I see. I did not care for her the first time and asked not to see her again. I waited one hour and a half,for a Dr. apointment. This is no surprise to me as has happened often. I was scared when she walked in,but to my surprise she was a different woman since i seen her last time. Her first question was how is the pain? She sat down. WOW. She looked my foot over ,took stitches out and said a little red and still oozing told me to apply antibiotic cream and keep bandage over it. Do not get wet for 48 hours, any bleeding call her. She addresed my concerns about not sleeping and hanging foot over end of bed as the shocking sensations bother me and told me I had still allot of swelling . Told me to not use my crutches since I hate them but to wear cast for 1 more week or untill swelling down and then may put shoe on and explained orthotics a little bit as they were in. We decided on pain tolerance and she listened. ASKED ME if I had any more questions? WOW is this the same dr.? No mention to wear her husband was as he was to be my dr.? I dindnt ask as I was happy ,lol. She said she could tell I was overdoing ot some and reminded me to take it slow and to ice and elevate and to listen to the pain pain means stop and ice elevate. She said she would see me in 3 weeks unless any other problems, if so call and she said then we would talk about PT again. She said she hopes some of the symptoms I have been having are not the nerve she is hoping it is the swelling and healing. Asked me if I work I said yes she said what do u do I said a nurses aide she said another 6weeks at least maybe more we will see how progresses. CAN u believe it??? I am in heaven I am so happy I feel so upbeat. Someone there has actually taken more then 2 or 3 min. with me and I did not even have to ask. I am impressed. She told me she has 6 kids I could not believe it as she looks kinda young lol. There was a new baby in the office and she was carrying it around saying this is why she had 6 kids lol. I dont know what happened nor do I care for today, cause she cared for those few moments and she listened . There is hope ! She said she was happy to see that I have been trying and wanted to know when I gave up crutches lol as I did not take them as i hate them . I thought she was going to holler but she smiled and said ok lets pump up this air cast more for extra support and just use it. I am shocked silly I feel almost bad for any negitive I said about her. Maybe she was having a bad day ? I dont know but I am sooooooo impressed with the change. Well enough of the bore just wanted to tell of my visit, which I had dreaded. OH yeah I will sleep tonight and she said I will feel much better with that, lol I must have looked sleepy. Cause she said no need for that.Thanks to all of my friends for the support to get there. Hugs

Re: It's the power of the people

BrianG on 4/27/01 at 21:24 (046036)

There you go Tammie, here is the proof that there is power in numbers. A lot of folks here were pulling for you, and it's paid off. I'm so happy that your experience was a positive one. I know it will aid in your recovery. Rest, ice, and a few more prayers :*)

BCG

Re: Post op 10day visit

Valerie S on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046044)

Yeah, Tammie!

I am so glad and relieved that your doctor heard you this time! I know exactly what you are going through, struggling to trust your doctor and not daring to say anything... I am so happy to see you in better spirits and to hear that you have renewed faith in the care you are getting! If only they can keep up with this improvement. I wonder if the fact that you asked not to see her again changed her demeanor with you. I had a similar experience with my doctor when I asked for copies of my xrays (for 2nd opinion). The following visit, my doctor was so nice and listened so well.... similar to the experience you just described. I hope things will go better for you now. Good luck to you, Tammie. I am thinking of you, and following your success story. You are going to make it, I just know it!

Your friend, Val.

P.Ann on 4/28/01 at 09:05 (046056)

Fabulous! I am so happy that you feel better about your doc and your healing! Will keep on saying prayers for you and hope you continue on the road to recovery. Don't be afraid to call your doc if there are any other complications, keep icing and resting! Best Wishes to you. P. Ann

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/28/01 at 15:31 (046080)

Maybe just maybe the doctor came to heelspurs.com and read your post about them. Just kidding. Glad that you are back on track.

BrianG on 4/27/01 at 21:24 (046036)

There you go Tammie, here is the proof that there is power in numbers. A lot of folks here were pulling for you, and it's paid off. I'm so happy that your experience was a positive one. I know it will aid in your recovery. Rest, ice, and a few more prayers :*)

BCG

Valerie S on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046044)

Yeah, Tammie!

I am so glad and relieved that your doctor heard you this time! I know exactly what you are going through, struggling to trust your doctor and not daring to say anything... I am so happy to see you in better spirits and to hear that you have renewed faith in the care you are getting! If only they can keep up with this improvement. I wonder if the fact that you asked not to see her again changed her demeanor with you. I had a similar experience with my doctor when I asked for copies of my xrays (for 2nd opinion). The following visit, my doctor was so nice and listened so well.... similar to the experience you just described. I hope things will go better for you now. Good luck to you, Tammie. I am thinking of you, and following your success story. You are going to make it, I just know it!

Your friend, Val.

P.Ann on 4/28/01 at 09:05 (046056)

Fabulous! I am so happy that you feel better about your doc and your healing! Will keep on saying prayers for you and hope you continue on the road to recovery. Don't be afraid to call your doc if there are any other complications, keep icing and resting! Best Wishes to you. P. Ann

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/28/01 at 15:31 (046080)

Maybe just maybe the doctor came to heelspurs.com and read your post about them. Just kidding. Glad that you are back on track.