Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ALTERNATIVES

Posted by DENISE B. on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046062)

HI, WHILE I WAIT AND DECIDE IF AM AM HAVING A SECOND ESWT TREATMENT, I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY OTHER HINTS PEOPLE HAVE FOR COPING WITH THE HEEL PAIN. 1. DOES HEAT OR COLD WORK BEST? 2. WHAT IS THE BEST SHOE? 3. IS MEPHISTO A GOOD CHOICE? 4. WHAT ABOUT DRUGS? ANYTHING HELP? 5. WHAT ABOUT ACUPUNCTURE?
YOU KNOW THEY CAN PUT PEOPLE ON THE MOON, THIS SEEMS LIKE SUCH A TRIVIAL LITTLE THING BUT IT HURTS SO DANG MUCH!!!!!!!!
LET ME KNOW..............THANKS DENISE IN CHICAGO

Re: ALTERNATIVES

Terrie on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046068)

Hello Denise,
I have severe PF in both feet and need surgery.But in the meantime,I will share with you what I know.I hope it helps.cold works best and you should not use heat at all.Icing your feet whenever you can is a good thing.As for the best shoe,I am still searching and have many new shoes sitting in my closet that I cant stand to put on.I dont know what mephisto is.I have been on 5 different prescription antiinflammatories and found that Vioxx 25mg once a day has helped the pain go from a 10+ to 3-9 on the pain scale.Recently,I have started taking glucosamine and MSM as well as other nutritional supplements.I figure it cant hurt and if it helps at all its better than nothing.Having orthotics made for you with either the computer scannre or casts will help also.
Please write me and let me know your experience with ESWT as I am considering it.

Terrie

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/30/01 at hrmin (046304)

Hi Denise,
I am also in Chicago. Did the ESW help at all? How far along are you? Was your diagnosis confirmed before the treatment (I am seeing a lot of patients who have been misdiagnosed)? Which machine was used on you? Was this a last resort treatment (it is supposed to be)? Basicailly, it is the alternative.

Terrie on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046068)

Hello Denise,
I have severe PF in both feet and need surgery.But in the meantime,I will share with you what I know.I hope it helps.cold works best and you should not use heat at all.Icing your feet whenever you can is a good thing.As for the best shoe,I am still searching and have many new shoes sitting in my closet that I cant stand to put on.I dont know what mephisto is.I have been on 5 different prescription antiinflammatories and found that Vioxx 25mg once a day has helped the pain go from a 10+ to 3-9 on the pain scale.Recently,I have started taking glucosamine and MSM as well as other nutritional supplements.I figure it cant hurt and if it helps at all its better than nothing.Having orthotics made for you with either the computer scannre or casts will help also.
Please write me and let me know your experience with ESWT as I am considering it.

Terrie

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/30/01 at hrmin (046304)

Hi Denise,
I am also in Chicago. Did the ESW help at all? How far along are you? Was your diagnosis confirmed before the treatment (I am seeing a lot of patients who have been misdiagnosed)? Which machine was used on you? Was this a last resort treatment (it is supposed to be)? Basicailly, it is the alternative.