Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

In need of more information regarding surgery for TTS

Posted by Pam L on 4/28/01 at hrmin (046084)

First of all, thank heaven I found this site. I'm certain someone can help.

My left foot is numb from the toes to the middle of my arch, and continues to progress to the heel area. (I had surgery to correct chronic plantar fasciitis in my left foot) I suffer from what can only be described as a 'charlie horse' but it occurs on the front of the foot/leg area (from toe to mid-thigh). And I find that it doesn't really matter how active or inactive I am, it just happens. I've been on every anti-inflamitory known to man, along with the usual pain meds, etc. I must walk stairs everyday at work. My 'equal opportunity employer' has no elevator, the cafeteria with vending machines and refrigerator to store my lunch in are located on the first floor. The people I must deal with are located on the first floor as well. Most days I just want to cry as I pull myself up the steps to continue my work, after I've met with people on the first floor. I've had every test under the sun, and now the doctors want to perform surgery (which my insurance company will not pay for by the way). I've been doing some on-line research, and quiet frankly, I'm not holding out too much hope for this to be a success. If anyone has ANY information to share, please write. They are planning on a June surgery, but I'm not sure I really want to do it.

Re: In need of more information regarding surgery for TTS

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/29/01 at 11:41 (046160)

Peripheral nerver surgery is very complex and it must be determined just what the problem is. Please make sure you have a doctor that is very asute and experienced in TTS and lower extremity peripheral nerve problem So what is up with the reason for no insurance coverage for you possible TTS release. Is there a one foot/lower extremity problem or both feet.

Re: In need of more information regarding surgery for TTS

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/29/01 at 11:41 (046160)

Peripheral nerver surgery is very complex and it must be determined just what the problem is. Please make sure you have a doctor that is very asute and experienced in TTS and lower extremity peripheral nerve problem So what is up with the reason for no insurance coverage for you possible TTS release. Is there a one foot/lower extremity problem or both feet.