Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal tunnel

Posted by eileenc on 4/29/01 at 10:06 (046147)

After an unsuccessful TT release on my right foot I am now in more pain, but it has moved down under the ankle into the back half of the arch area. Orthotics made at the Cleveland Clinic , where I was mistakenly diagnosed with PF, are excruciating (they didn't believe in TTS in 1997? That's what they told me!). Question: what type of orthotics would you recommend which do not press into the arch and what type of shoes?
Thank you for caring.

Re: Tarsal tunnel

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/29/01 at 11:44 (046161)

You need to try a different type of material such as EVA and or plastizole

There is a podiatry college down the road form the Cleveland clinic. They use to make a great cork and leather orthosis. Shoes I like the SAS and so do my patients. SAS can be purchases in both a sneaker type shoe and a very nice dress shoe. So why the increase in pain. Any explanation or reason to pin this down.

Re: Tarsal tunnel

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/29/01 at 11:44 (046161)

You need to try a different type of material such as EVA and or plastizole

There is a podiatry college down the road form the Cleveland clinic. They use to make a great cork and leather orthosis. Shoes I like the SAS and so do my patients. SAS can be purchases in both a sneaker type shoe and a very nice dress shoe. So why the increase in pain. Any explanation or reason to pin this down.