Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So where's everybody's picture??

Posted by Nancy N on 4/29/01 at 21:24 (046202)

Back in March, I was told that there were folks out there who wanted to see my picture, among others. I seem to recall saying that I would provide my picture if others on the board would provide theirs. I've held up my end of the deal--so where are the rest of you?

Cynthia, TexBarb, TexBev, Val, Tammy....when do we get to see your pictures?

Re: So where's everybody's picture??

Laurie R on 4/29/01 at 23:20 (046208)

I was wondering the same thing...We would love to see what you all look like.

Tammie. on 4/30/01 at 07:58 (046213)

Heh I just came since then in April, and gee I dont break cameras to often ask my family lol. I will see if I have a picture somewhere.MAYBE but then cannot be invisable anymore lol .

Cynthia D on 4/30/01 at 14:00 (046242)

Based on what's been going on here lately as I've been away, I'm too afraid to put my mug shot here, too many personalities to deal with, wouldn't want anyone coming after me! I'm staying off the ESWT page until they just STOP IT!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 17:32 (046258)

If we don't get some pictures on this board. Dr. Z is going to draw a stick figure of the people that I have seen in person. If you think I can fix feet, just take a look at my stick figure. Now that is some to see.

Denise my ESWT patient coordinator is even going to give us a look at her. She is including a pictue of her horse for all of your horse people and or cowboys.

Beverly on 4/30/01 at 17:40 (046262)

I am probably paranoid, but it's the spammers and occassional visitor we know nothing about that keeps me from posting my photo. I guess I have not reached that much of a comfort zone with the net.
If it were just our regulars I'd be fine about it.
Beverly

Rose L on 4/30/01 at 19:33 (046276)

Hi, Cynthia!

Glad to see you on the social board. How are you doing? I'm 5 weeks post ESWT and still anxiously awaiting the big reward. I know you had great improvement around the 9 week mark. Has the improvement held? Any advice?
Sincerely, Rose

Nancy N on 4/30/01 at 19:57 (046278)

Beverly--

I do tech support work, so if I can clarify any net stuff for you, just let me know. As for the photo, nobody knows your last name or where you live, so they shouldn't be able to find you. Spammers only care about your email address. Your photo isn't of any concern to them.

Anyway, I don't know if that helps or not. While we'd love to see what you look like, we'll understand if you'd rather not!

DeniseA on 4/30/01 at 20:02 (046281)

Great now the pressure's on. He knows I'm camera shy so he's trying to out me!

Denise

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 20:12 (046283)

how about stalkers. Just kidding

Nancy N on 4/30/01 at 20:56 (046287)

Yikes, Dr. Z. Actually, that is something I worry about. I'm very aware anymore of what personal information is available to others without my permission. I don't mind having my picture on the board since it's fairly anonymous, but I don't even give my doctors my social security number unless they explain to me exactly what they're going to do with it. I was furious when I found out that my address and phone number were published in a staff directory when I started my current job, because nobody had asked my permission, and I certainly didn't want it out there!

So it is a serious thing (I know you were kidding, though). I think we're all justified in being cautious. Seriously--I'd love to see what everybody looks like, but if anyone is uneasy with it, they certainly shouldn't submit a photo just because of our curiosity. We all understand.

wendyn on 4/30/01 at 22:54 (046298)

I know how you feel. I didn't mind my picture on so much - but we edited out my kids. It bothered me to have them on there.

Cynthia D on 5/01/01 at 07:27 (046325)

Hi Nancy, what about if those of us who want to see each other send in a photo for a limited amount of time? Do you think Scott would do that? That would cut back on 'outsiders' having access to them?

And Wendy, how about it? Have you had any regrets your photo was there, I know I've enjoyed seeing what you, Judy, John Laurie and Steve, and the others look like. And Nancy!

Or maybe we couldjust have Dr. Z. just draw the stick figures. That sounds good anyway, at least we'd look thin!!

Re: Picture

wendyn on 5/01/01 at 07:55 (046331)

It hasn't caused me any significant grief yet.

john h on 5/01/01 at 09:42 (046339)

beverly: just post anyone's picture. we would not know the difference. if huey lewi can put up his picture so can beverly.

john h on 5/01/01 at 09:43 (046340)

nancy i know where you live and will see you on the 15th of June. so what do you think of that!!!!

john h on 5/01/01 at 09:48 (046342)

in this day and age you can find out most anything about anyone from the comfort of your computer chair. tough to hide if somone really wants to find you. wendy is so far north she could write her name and address down ond only Sgt Preston of the Mounties and his faithull dog King could find her.

Nancy N on 5/01/01 at 10:03 (046346)

Hey, he's got a point there! How do we know that any of our fellow posters actually look like the photos on our page??

Nancy N on 5/01/01 at 10:04 (046347)

I haven't even given Judy my street address yet, so if you know exactly where I live, we need to talk!!! :)

Laurie R on 4/29/01 at 23:20 (046208)

I was wondering the same thing...We would love to see what you all look like.

Tammie. on 4/30/01 at 07:58 (046213)

Heh I just came since then in April, and gee I dont break cameras to often ask my family lol. I will see if I have a picture somewhere.MAYBE but then cannot be invisable anymore lol .

Cynthia D on 4/30/01 at 14:00 (046242)

Based on what's been going on here lately as I've been away, I'm too afraid to put my mug shot here, too many personalities to deal with, wouldn't want anyone coming after me! I'm staying off the ESWT page until they just STOP IT!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 17:32 (046258)

If we don't get some pictures on this board. Dr. Z is going to draw a stick figure of the people that I have seen in person. If you think I can fix feet, just take a look at my stick figure. Now that is some to see.

Denise my ESWT patient coordinator is even going to give us a look at her. She is including a pictue of her horse for all of your horse people and or cowboys.

Beverly on 4/30/01 at 17:40 (046262)

I am probably paranoid, but it's the spammers and occassional visitor we know nothing about that keeps me from posting my photo. I guess I have not reached that much of a comfort zone with the net.
If it were just our regulars I'd be fine about it.
Beverly

Rose L on 4/30/01 at 19:33 (046276)

Hi, Cynthia!

Glad to see you on the social board. How are you doing? I'm 5 weeks post ESWT and still anxiously awaiting the big reward. I know you had great improvement around the 9 week mark. Has the improvement held? Any advice?
Sincerely, Rose

Nancy N on 4/30/01 at 19:57 (046278)

Beverly--

I do tech support work, so if I can clarify any net stuff for you, just let me know. As for the photo, nobody knows your last name or where you live, so they shouldn't be able to find you. Spammers only care about your email address. Your photo isn't of any concern to them.

Anyway, I don't know if that helps or not. While we'd love to see what you look like, we'll understand if you'd rather not!

DeniseA on 4/30/01 at 20:02 (046281)

Great now the pressure's on. He knows I'm camera shy so he's trying to out me!

Denise

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 20:12 (046283)

how about stalkers. Just kidding

Nancy N on 4/30/01 at 20:56 (046287)

Yikes, Dr. Z. Actually, that is something I worry about. I'm very aware anymore of what personal information is available to others without my permission. I don't mind having my picture on the board since it's fairly anonymous, but I don't even give my doctors my social security number unless they explain to me exactly what they're going to do with it. I was furious when I found out that my address and phone number were published in a staff directory when I started my current job, because nobody had asked my permission, and I certainly didn't want it out there!

So it is a serious thing (I know you were kidding, though). I think we're all justified in being cautious. Seriously--I'd love to see what everybody looks like, but if anyone is uneasy with it, they certainly shouldn't submit a photo just because of our curiosity. We all understand.

wendyn on 4/30/01 at 22:54 (046298)

I know how you feel. I didn't mind my picture on so much - but we edited out my kids. It bothered me to have them on there.

Cynthia D on 5/01/01 at 07:27 (046325)

Hi Nancy, what about if those of us who want to see each other send in a photo for a limited amount of time? Do you think Scott would do that? That would cut back on 'outsiders' having access to them?

And Wendy, how about it? Have you had any regrets your photo was there, I know I've enjoyed seeing what you, Judy, John Laurie and Steve, and the others look like. And Nancy!

Or maybe we couldjust have Dr. Z. just draw the stick figures. That sounds good anyway, at least we'd look thin!!

Re: Picture

wendyn on 5/01/01 at 07:55 (046331)

It hasn't caused me any significant grief yet.

john h on 5/01/01 at 09:42 (046339)

beverly: just post anyone's picture. we would not know the difference. if huey lewi can put up his picture so can beverly.

john h on 5/01/01 at 09:43 (046340)

nancy i know where you live and will see you on the 15th of June. so what do you think of that!!!!

john h on 5/01/01 at 09:48 (046342)

in this day and age you can find out most anything about anyone from the comfort of your computer chair. tough to hide if somone really wants to find you. wendy is so far north she could write her name and address down ond only Sgt Preston of the Mounties and his faithull dog King could find her.

Nancy N on 5/01/01 at 10:03 (046346)

Hey, he's got a point there! How do we know that any of our fellow posters actually look like the photos on our page??

Nancy N on 5/01/01 at 10:04 (046347)

I haven't even given Judy my street address yet, so if you know exactly where I live, we need to talk!!! :)