Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthotics

Posted by G on 4/30/01 at hrmin (046244)

I'll get my first pair in a couple of weeks. I am wearing bands now. Look like ace bandages. They have helped and my pain has gone away quite a bit. I do get pain the after I work out. I am doing the stretcing exercises my dr suggested and that has helped. For those of you who have been wearing orthodics, how do you feel? Does your foot still hurt? Any suggestions on walking, cross training and aerobic shoes? Thanks for your help.

Re: Orthotics

Dr. Marlene Reid on 5/01/01 at 00:10 (046316)

Personally, I don't Rx orthotics for the immediate heel pain, just to keep it away once the heel pain subsides. A standard pair of athletic orthotics will fit into all/most athletic shoes. Sometimes a second pair is needed for dress shoes.

Re: Orthotics

Dr. Marlene Reid on 5/01/01 at 00:10 (046316)

Personally, I don't Rx orthotics for the immediate heel pain, just to keep it away once the heel pain subsides. A standard pair of athletic orthotics will fit into all/most athletic shoes. Sometimes a second pair is needed for dress shoes.