Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Footmaxx Orthotics

Posted by Sherrie M. on 4/30/01 at 18:05 (046265)

Dr.Z., Are the footmaxx orthotics covered by insurance? Blue Cross and Blue Shield to be exact. They have covered the other pairs I've had made.Sherrie

Re: Footmaxx Orthotics

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 18:19 (046268)

If your insurance company covers orthosis then I would think that they would cover footmaxx orthosis. So long as the orthosis is customized and your meet the medical necessity for that specific foot condition, should be ok.

Alot of insurance companies due however have a limitation on the number of orthosis that they will pay for in a calendar year. Usually one pair per year for heel spur/heel pain.

I don't have the computer anymore for the footmaxx. Even with seeing somewhere between 30 and 50 patients per day, I didn't fabricate enough pairs to satisfy the manufactor. So if you need the footmaxx will have to find you an office with the computer still there.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/30/01 at 23:50 (046308)

Footmaxx is covered same as any other company. I started using them (I never encountered a minumum number of orders for this company) and most patients are very happy with them.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/01/01 at 07:04 (046321)

Did you buy the computer? I have been using footmaxx for the past four years. When we first started with the company you had to either make a certain amount of pairs or buy the computer system. Have they changed

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 18:19 (046268)

If your insurance company covers orthosis then I would think that they would cover footmaxx orthosis. So long as the orthosis is customized and your meet the medical necessity for that specific foot condition, should be ok.

Alot of insurance companies due however have a limitation on the number of orthosis that they will pay for in a calendar year. Usually one pair per year for heel spur/heel pain.

I don't have the computer anymore for the footmaxx. Even with seeing somewhere between 30 and 50 patients per day, I didn't fabricate enough pairs to satisfy the manufactor. So if you need the footmaxx will have to find you an office with the computer still there.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/30/01 at 23:50 (046308)

Footmaxx is covered same as any other company. I started using them (I never encountered a minumum number of orders for this company) and most patients are very happy with them.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/01/01 at 07:04 (046321)

Did you buy the computer? I have been using footmaxx for the past four years. When we first started with the company you had to either make a certain amount of pairs or buy the computer system. Have they changed