Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

BIRKS AND ACHILIES TENDON

Posted by KIM W on 4/30/01 at 19:04 (046275)

I have found releif from birks and Dynosteps but the birks seem to agrevate my achilie tendon sometimes. Is this because they are a riggid shoe? I have read achilies te4ndon problems can come from limited range of motion of teh foot and/or ankles wich can cause achilies tendonitous . Is agrevating the achilies keeping my PF from totally healing since it is all connected?

Re: BIRKS AND ACHILIES TENDON

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 20:00 (046279)

The achilles tendon pain and the plantar fascia are very related. You need to have normal ankle range of motion and the ability to dorsiflex the ankle joint 10 degree so that the weight of your foot is properly distributed to the heel and the rest of the foot. Have you had the ankle is examined and the tightness of the achillles tendon examined. Need to get to the bottom of the achilles problem first.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/30/01 at 23:49 (046307)

A tight or short achilles tendon can ABSOLUTELY contribute to PF. Did they show you stretching exercisies?

kim on 5/01/01 at hrmin (046332)

I do the stretches every morning and as needed it is a little stiff in the morning sometimes. I have not had the ankle examined or the achilies. That leg is shorter than the other wich may contribute to the problem, but the riggid birks seem to add to it. They are DEFINATELY better than shoes with no support, so I wear them around the house or when I need to slip something on quick. I will get eh ankle and achilies checked. In the mean time I will try to just stick with my new balance and dynostep inserts.Thanks for the info.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/30/01 at 20:00 (046279)

The achilles tendon pain and the plantar fascia are very related. You need to have normal ankle range of motion and the ability to dorsiflex the ankle joint 10 degree so that the weight of your foot is properly distributed to the heel and the rest of the foot. Have you had the ankle is examined and the tightness of the achillles tendon examined. Need to get to the bottom of the achilles problem first.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 4/30/01 at 23:49 (046307)

A tight or short achilles tendon can ABSOLUTELY contribute to PF. Did they show you stretching exercisies?

kim on 5/01/01 at hrmin (046332)

I do the stretches every morning and as needed it is a little stiff in the morning sometimes. I have not had the ankle examined or the achilies. That leg is shorter than the other wich may contribute to the problem, but the riggid birks seem to add to it. They are DEFINATELY better than shoes with no support, so I wear them around the house or when I need to slip something on quick. I will get eh ankle and achilies checked. In the mean time I will try to just stick with my new balance and dynostep inserts.Thanks for the info.