Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2 Bad Feet?

Posted by Pat B on 4/30/01 at 20:59 (046288)

I have had TTS in my left foot now for a year. It is quite painful. A funny thing is happening now, my right foot is beginning to hurt as well. It is beginning to feel like my left one did a year ago. Has anyone ever had this happen to them or is this a normal thing to have both feet go bad? I am really concerned about becoming completely disabled. I am assuming they would not perform surgery on both feet at the same time. If I hobble around on one foot while the other is healing, wouldn't that make the condition worse in the other? I hate this condition!!!! I do appreciate this forum. My heart goes out to everyone. Is anyone receiving disability as a result of TTS?

Re: 2 Bad Feet?

Fran W. on 4/30/01 at 22:00 (046291)

Hi Pat,
Just wanted to let you know that I had TT surgery on both feet last May. I was in pain until recently. I didn't think I would ever get rid of the burning But I discovered a wonderful pill that took away the burning immediately. I still take the neurontin and my 'wonder pill' and I am a much happier person.
If I were in your position I would have surgery as a last resort. Look into alternative options first, such as PT or accupuncture.
Good luck to you.

wendyn on 4/30/01 at 22:41 (046293)

Pat - I have TTS in both feet. The important thing now is to try to find out what's causing the problem. Do you have structural problems with your feet? Back problems? Have you been tested for things like diabetes or low thyroid?

wendyn on 4/30/01 at 22:51 (046296)

Fran - I'm very glad to hear that the neurontin is working for you.

Are you the one who was also recently diagnosed as diabetic?

Forgive me - I have a very hard time keeping people straight in my head.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 5/01/01 at 00:01 (046312)

Do you, by any chance, have RA?

Helene M on 5/01/01 at 10:02 (046345)

Fran, how were you able to have the surgery in both feet at once? I think that is very brave! Pat, I have TTS in both feet which is worsening and cannot see myself having the surgery in one foot and having to stand on the other one, because both feet are very bad. I am almost completely diabled now because of it. What kind of dr. would prescribe neurontin, a neurologist? When I asked my last pod about it, he said he has not heard of it to treat TTS & would prescribe it. I guess that's why I am currently without a dr!

Fran W. on 4/30/01 at 22:00 (046291)

Hi Pat,
Just wanted to let you know that I had TT surgery on both feet last May. I was in pain until recently. I didn't think I would ever get rid of the burning But I discovered a wonderful pill that took away the burning immediately. I still take the neurontin and my 'wonder pill' and I am a much happier person.
If I were in your position I would have surgery as a last resort. Look into alternative options first, such as PT or accupuncture.
Good luck to you.

wendyn on 4/30/01 at 22:41 (046293)

Pat - I have TTS in both feet. The important thing now is to try to find out what's causing the problem. Do you have structural problems with your feet? Back problems? Have you been tested for things like diabetes or low thyroid?

wendyn on 4/30/01 at 22:51 (046296)

Fran - I'm very glad to hear that the neurontin is working for you.

Are you the one who was also recently diagnosed as diabetic?

Forgive me - I have a very hard time keeping people straight in my head.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 5/01/01 at 00:01 (046312)

Do you, by any chance, have RA?

Helene M on 5/01/01 at 10:02 (046345)

Fran, how were you able to have the surgery in both feet at once? I think that is very brave! Pat, I have TTS in both feet which is worsening and cannot see myself having the surgery in one foot and having to stand on the other one, because both feet are very bad. I am almost completely diabled now because of it. What kind of dr. would prescribe neurontin, a neurologist? When I asked my last pod about it, he said he has not heard of it to treat TTS & would prescribe it. I guess that's why I am currently without a dr!