Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please give me your medical opinion

Posted by Laurie H. on 5/02/01 at 21:58 (046448)

I have written a couple times and have always gotten a quick response back which is very much appreciated. I'd like to ask another question though. I have had EPF on both of my feet after suffering with plantar fasciitis for over a year. For the most part, I think, it has helped. But I am still suffering with that annoying pain in the heel, and now the ankle joint and tendons going up both legs. I had a bone scan and an MRI done and in both, the results suggested signs of degenerative joint disease. I'm not too sure what degenerative joint disease is, or what the symptoms are with it. Could you please enlighten me on that subject. After all, I am only 43 years old and a very active person. Thanks!

Re: Please give me your medical opinion

Dr. Biehler on 5/03/01 at 11:47 (046491)

Degenerative joint disease is anothe way to say osteoarthritis. It happens when the smooth cartlage that allowas the joint to move freely starts to breakdown. This can lead to pain experianced when the joint is used. There are differnt causes including repetative trama. Dr. B.

Re: Please give me your medical opinion

Dr. Biehler on 5/03/01 at 11:47 (046491)

Degenerative joint disease is anothe way to say osteoarthritis. It happens when the smooth cartlage that allowas the joint to move freely starts to breakdown. This can lead to pain experianced when the joint is used. There are differnt causes including repetative trama. Dr. B.