Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Got PF, Got heel spur, Got Question!!

Posted by Donna M. on 5/03/01 at 00:19 (046456)

I have been going back and reading all the different things everyone has said about their different pains and what they are. But then all the messages from the last 2 months disappeared! (Scott, I know you didn't do it on purpose!) :-)
I have had PF and a heel spur for almost a year now. I am still on Celebrex, I've been to therapy and I've had 2 injections and I am still no better. I've got Birkenstocks on the way and I still do icing, stretching, taping and some resting.
The pain in my heel is somewhat different since I got the injections. My heel directly under the spur is painful and the area just to the inside of my foot straight out from the heel spur is painful. The thing I can't understand is my heel, like closer to the outside edge, where you put your foot down when you take a 'normal' step is unbelievably painful!!
I don't know all the medical terms I've seen ya'll use, so I hope you know or can figure out where I am talking about!
The soreness from the heel spur and the pain from the inner side of my foot is bad enough, but the pain from the area on the other side, on the bottom is the reason I have been walking on the ball of my foot for 4 months now! Does anyone have any ideas why or is this just all apart of PF?
I have been going to an Orthopedic Surgeon and he really isn't to concerned, or so it seems! I have been trying to talk to other people and see if I can locate a better Dr. Bad thing is, I live in a small town, but to get a good Dr. I don't mind driving, it's just finding one!
Thanks for any information!

Donna M.

Re: Got PF, Got heel spur, Got Question!!

Dr. Marlene Reid on 5/03/01 at 00:44 (046457)

It is possible to have PF on the outside portion of the heel. Sometimes, as time goes on,it does spread. The injections only help the part where they are given. Where do you live? Go to ACFAS.org for a listing of a board certified podiatric surgeon for your area.

Re: To Donna Got PF, Got heel spur, Got Question!!

Pauline on 5/03/01 at 10:00 (046481)

Donna,
A while back someone posted about having their heel spurs reabsorb by taking I think Calcium and some other things. There was quite a discussion on the board about it. Perhabs you could look up the posting or maybe someone else will also remember it. I'll check also. Its worth a try because you won't spend too much on it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/03/01 at 19:00 (046535)

Hi,

There are three bands that make up the plantar fascia. It sounds like your lateral or outside band is really hurting. Sometime may need an injection and then taping if this is really getting unbearable.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 5/03/01 at 00:44 (046457)

It is possible to have PF on the outside portion of the heel. Sometimes, as time goes on,it does spread. The injections only help the part where they are given. Where do you live? Go to ACFAS.org for a listing of a board certified podiatric surgeon for your area.

Re: To Donna Got PF, Got heel spur, Got Question!!

Pauline on 5/03/01 at 10:00 (046481)

Donna,
A while back someone posted about having their heel spurs reabsorb by taking I think Calcium and some other things. There was quite a discussion on the board about it. Perhabs you could look up the posting or maybe someone else will also remember it. I'll check also. Its worth a try because you won't spend too much on it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 5/03/01 at 19:00 (046535)

Hi,

There are three bands that make up the plantar fascia. It sounds like your lateral or outside band is really hurting. Sometime may need an injection and then taping if this is really getting unbearable.